Beats By Dre headphones  » Electronics  »
2.5
  • So I bought the in-ear ones first, I saved up to make sure I get the original ones as well
  • I was very disappointed that they broke so easily
  • The sound quality was good, I was more impressed with the noise cancellation than the quality of sound it produced
  • But most industry specialists won't recommend Beats for Producers or Sound Engineers, etc. Even the studio version of Beats doesn't sound like Studio Monitor Headphones, they sound like Stereo system headphones

• by Yesaya Jnr Nkhwazi

These must be the most marketed headphones in the history of headphones. Beats by the extraordinary producer Dr. Dre.

These headsets come in all shapes and sizes, the in-ear buds, the headphones and then the ultimate studio headphones - and the price range - whoa! About $50 upwards brand new.

As a lover of music I’ve been interested in these headphones because all the

big artists and musicians have them. So I bought the in-ear ones first, I saved up to make sure I get the original ones as well. They lasted me about a month, as they break very easily because of the extremely thin wire. I was very disappointed that they broke so easily. The sound quality was good, I was more impressed with the noise cancellation than the quality of sound it produced.

I later borrowed Beats By Dre from a friend of mine, I then realized that they were indeed a fake bootleg version of Beats. So I saved up and bought the studio version of these headphones. As much as I was excited, I was very disappointed. They sounded almost the same as the ...

• Beats By Dre headphones
      fake bootleg version. So instead of spending $200+ you can get the bootleg at about $50 and it will sound just as good as the original, depressing news.

In terms of the sound quality, it’s decent for the average ear. The headphones add more bass so whenever you play a song, you can really hear the low frequencies. But most industry specialists won’t

recommend Beats for Producers or Sound Engineers, etc. Even the studio version of Beats doesn’t sound like Studio Monitor Headphones, they sound like Stereo system headphones.

So, for an average listener, you would love the bass that these headphones bring out. But for all the producers and sound engineers, you’re better off getting Sennheiser or Shure or BeyerDynamic for that studio quality sound.

Stephen hall says :

re : I was very disappointed that they broke so easily
I bought the beats solos and after about two weeks they broke. Very disappointed in how fragile theses headphones are.

Tim says :

Tell me about it Mine didn’t even last two weeks Luckily I didn’t buy them out of pocket and they were a gift, but jeez I really looked forward to getting them

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 169041606890830/k2311a049/4.9.13