Suave Professional: Color Protection Shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
  • At first I was a skeptic about using suave professional again after having a bad experience with their humectant shampoo and conditioner
  • But since that was months before, I decided it give Suave Professionals another chance
  • I found that this particular formula of shampoo effective
  • I noticed after ten washes, my hair faded but not as dramatically as I expected
  • I would also recommend it to a friend who is looking for an inexpensive color protection regimen to protect their dye job

• by nitakb

I picked a bottle of color protection shampoo after spotting it on sale at Wal-mart, after coloring my hair for the second time during the summer, I wanted to have a system to try and save my colored from fading for as long as possible. I wanted find something affordable yet effective to use on my hair. I am a user of Suave on different occasions whenever I am between paychecks or catch a sale. At first I was a skeptic about using suave professional again after

having a bad experience with their humectant shampoo and conditioner. But since that was months before, I decided it give Suave Professionals another chance. On the label it claims to work as well as Biolage. I have never used Biolage so I can’t quite compare if it works well or not. The label claims that the formula is enriched with a color guard-complex that’s supposed to seal the cuticle to lock color and fight fading. It’s claimed to keep color vibrant for up to forty washes.

I found that this particular formula of shampoo effective. It wasn’t too harsh, but it cleansed my hair without stripping my color too bad. I’m not sure where the color-guard complex comes in, or what it is exactly but it worked rather well considering it wasn’t the name brand that I’m used to. The consistency of the shampoo was pretty thick, giving me the impression it wasn’t some water down version of Biolage. Oddly it felt more like a conditioner than a shampoo. Only a quarter-sized was ...

• Suave Professional: Color Protection Shampoo
      needed to get the job done, since the lather was abundant.

I noticed after ten washes, my hair faded but not as dramatically as I expected. The shampoo slowed down the fading process, keeping my hair color longer than just using a non-color protection shampoo. Not only did my color stay put, my hair was soft and felt moisturized more so than I did before using the color protection shampoo. In my book that’s pretty good at only ten washes. I felt confident that my auburn highlights

were going to stay around for a while longer.

I finally finished the bottle after two months, with the same results I saw previously after ten washes. The shampoo did a great job in fight fading over a course of eight weeks. I can honestly say that this shampoo lived up to it promises and delivered.

I would definitely buy this again when the time comes to re-dye my hair again. I would also recommend it to a friend who is looking for an inexpensive color protection regimen to protect their dye job.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319041606880830/k2311a049/4.9.13