101 Dalmatians 2 Patch’s London Adventure Movie  » Movies  »
  • But as an adult now, I watch my son experience the same things I did watching those 101 puppies flee for their lives

• by sarahdragon26

101 Dalmatians. Whenever I heard that name, I would always think of the tiny little puppies that I used to cheer for when I was a child. I would yell at the screen to make sure that they got away from the evil Cruella De Vil. I used to be frightened that she would find them and turn them into furs. But as an adult now, I watch my son experience the same things I did watching those 101 puppies flee for their lives.

In 101 Dalmatians 2 Patch’s London Adventure, it wasn’t so much as a fight to make

sure the puppies were safe from Cruella. It was more a comedy version of Cruella and the story of so many puppies. Adding Jason Alexander and Martin Short to the cast list and it was a given that this was going to be a more funny movie, rather than scary like the original cartoon from the 60s.

The movie takes place after the original 101 Dalmatians where the Darling family has moved to the country-side. They needed a better home for their massive amount of puppies. The movie mostly revolves around the character Thunderbolt, the dog from the shows that the puppies would watch in the original cartoon. Thunderbolt is feeling unloved and unwanted and eventually meets Patch, one of the puppies. They go on an adventure together, which turns Patch into the hero and helps Thunderbolt find his place. It’s a story about how you can become great without idealizing anyone. You are who and what you are. Don’t try to be someone else.

Cruella De Vil is more of a funny, kind of insane woman in this cartoon. She’s not as out of this world crazy like she was in the original cartoon. She has a more laid-back ...

• 101 Dalmatians 2 Patch's London Adventure Movie
      kind of insaneness about her. The kind that just makes you want to laugh at her antics rather than tremble in fear. There was no fear from her in this cartoon. Even when she decided that she still wanted the puppies’ fur, I didn’t fear the same kind of worry for the puppies like I had before. And all my son did was giggle at her in this carton, rather than yell at her like he did in the original cartoon. And her silly relationship with the painter that Marion Short played as a little weak, but mostly the film
      was about Thunderbolt’s weakness and Patch developing his own hero in himself.

This was a cute, loveable cartoon about a little puppy or as my son says it, a little boy who was just trying to find his own place in his own world. He was trying to idealize an actor who only played at being a hero. Thunderbolt wasn’t a real hero and when Patch found out, it forced him to become his own hero. To stand for himself and those he cared about. It shows that even the smallest of us can be heroes to those who are bigger.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 119041606850830/k2311a049/4.9.13