Suave Professionals: Humectant Shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • I personally don't care for the scent, since it smells exactly like the conditioner, which in my opinion smelled like cholesterol treatments mixed with unscented lotion

• by nitakb

I purchased the Humectant shampoo to match the Humectant conditioner, thinking I would get the maximum results the label promised. Considering I used the conditioner first with a different shampoo, I used the shampoo separate to see the individual results before combining it with conditioner.

The consistency of this shampoo is pretty thick compared other shampoos I’ve used previously. I feel like I’m squeezing into

my hand conditioner rather than shampoo. I suppose that’s the moisturizing properties, panthenol and keratin serum and all the other stuff that’s infused in it. I personally don’t care for the scent, since it smells exactly like the conditioner, which in my opinion smelled like cholesterol treatments mixed with unscented lotion. I honestly feel like they used the conditioner and just added soap to it to make it sud like shampoo. I say this because when using this I had to use more than a quarter size to actually feel like my hair was getting clean. Between gagging and feeling like I had watered down body lotion sliding down my shoulders, I had a difficult time rinsing all the extra shampoo out of my hair. Especially around my hairline and nape.

After ...

• Suave Professionals: Humectant Shampoo
      using it for about three weeks, I didn’t see any real noticeable results as the shampoo claimed. My hair didn’t tangle has much as it had before and it was somewhat easier to straighten. I’m guessing the keratin serum, had a lot to do with smoothing out my frizz but not totally adding moisture. My hair wasn’t any softer either.

In my opinion I feel that this

wasn’t meant to exactly moisturize hair but to make hair easier to manage and smooth out friz for use with heat appliances. Perhaps if they improve their formula by adding better fragrance, more moisture properties and turn it into a leave-conditioner,then it probably would have been a great deal better. Unless that happens I won’t be repurchasing anything from this line with humectant in the same sentence, any time soon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319041606830830/k2311a049/4.9.13