Alberto VO5 Silky experiences moisturizing Shea cashmere shampoo
  • The very first time I went to use it I noticed that the consistency is rather thick and creamy
  • In my opinion it smelled more of coco than Shea and the 'warm vanilla' wasn't exactly all that warm
  • Although with later uses I found that I have to alternate with using this shampoo and a daily clarifying one
  • Personally I think VO5 was trying it's hand in creating a shampoo that appealed to people with thicker, curlier texture of hair
  • At only eighty-nine cents, I feel that I got what I paid for

• by nitakb

As a self professed product junkie, I was shopping along in the beauty selection in Kroger, looking to purchase shampoo. My intent was to buy a shampoo that was light but provided moisture to my dry hair. Since the weather where I reside has gotten warmer, I tend to sweat more and need to frequently wash my hair more often. With that being said, I spotted the sale Kroger was having on Alberto VO5 and the newest addition to their Silky experiences line. The new shampoo was called Shea cashmere. So I grabbed a bottle to

try.

The very first time I went to use it I noticed that the consistency is rather thick and creamy. Not exactly what I had in mind for light but I was willing to settle, since it was in fact a moisturizing shampoo. Not only was it thick but it was very concentrated. The normal quarter size that I’m usually used to, shrunk down to about a nickel size. That’s just how thick it was.

The scent was not exactly what I expected either. In reality real Shea butter doesn’t have a fruity scent. Cashmere is supposed to be

a somewhat sweet musky scent and real vanilla has a scent that’s faintly sweet smelling and is not overpowering. With that being said, I felt a little misled when smelling the shampoo itself. In my opinion it smelled more of coco than Shea and the ‘warm vanilla’ wasn’t exactly all that warm. It was claims it has vanilla extract, which is probably the reason it doesn’t smell all like whole vanilla. The shampoo didn’t smell bad but it didn’t smell like what it was intended. If you’re not into the sweet smelling scents, than steer clear.

As ...

• Alberto VO5 Silky experiences moisturizing Shea cashmere shampoo
      goes for the claimed moisture part of the shampoo, it did in fact live up to it. After just using the shampoo alone, I felt a difference in the texture and measure of softness of my hair. I have thick coarse hair, which isn’t the softest in the world. But with this shampoo I felt a difference, which makes me believe that if I also use the matching conditioner I will get pleasing results. Although with later uses I found that I have to alternate with using this shampoo and a daily clarifying one. This
      shampoo does build up rather quickly.

Personally I think VO5 was trying it’s hand in creating a shampoo that appealed to people with thicker, curlier texture of hair. I feel that it was a good try but they should stick to their usual fruity formulas.

At only eighty-nine cents, I feel that I got what I paid for. Normally I have no issues with VO5 shampoos and conditioners but this time I feel like I should have stuck with my usual brand.

Will I repurchase this particular shampoo any time soon? Probably. Would I recommend it to a friend? Probably not.

Marisa joseph says :

re : At only eighty-nine cents, I feel that I got what I paid for
This shampoo makes my hair so soft and manageable

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319041606790830/k2311a049/4.9.13