Sony MDR-XB700 Headphones  » Electronics  »
  • These are real nice pair of headphones and I’ve been really pleased with my experience with them so far
  • I’m sure that some people might complain about the headband being too thin…but I think it’s so comfortable that it wouldn’t even be something that crosses my mind
  • I haven’t been able to do that on a lot of my other headphones so I thought that was nice
  • It’s definitely comparable to the Dr. Dre Beats Headphone line
  • I would recommend these if you only need them for at-still listening and like over-the-ear headphones

• by Fuscero

These are real nice pair of headphones and I’ve been really pleased with my experience with them so far.

The only thing I can complain about is that they are so large that they’re not really leave-the-house friendly. But the thing is, you know what you’re getting into when you purchase them because the packaging is see-through so you know how big they are. If you think that you can walk outside with these, you’re very wrong. I mean, the ear cups are almost twice the size of normal headphones. I’m not exaggerating.

So, that’s my only negative point about these. I’m sure that some people might complain about the headband being too thin…but I think it’s so comfortable that it wouldn’t even be something that crosses my mind. You barely feel that these are on when you’re wearing them. The ear cups are like marshmallows on your head. It’s very soft and cushiony and they really take the shape of your head easily, because of this.

One thing about these headphones that I really like is that I can wear these in bed and not have to worry about breaking them or anything. I can even lay on my side and the ear cups will just squish downward and conform to my head position. I haven’t been able to do that on a lot of my other headphones so I thought that was nice. I mean, I was able to do it with in-ear headphones but it’s really nice to have a pair of over-the-head headphones to do that with.

The sound quality on these is great. It’s definitely comparable to the Dr. Dre Beats Headphone line. I think it ...

• Sony MDR-XB700 Headphones
      is way better than the Solo HD and is very close to the Beats Wireless. If you like over-ear headphones as opposed to on-ear headphones, I think these are good. The great thing about the sound is that you can have a lot of bass in a song and still hear the vocals very well, so that’s certainly a positive. You’re not missing out on anything, which is really good. Considering the price, I would say these headphones are budget-friendly. I know a lot of people like the XB-500 model. I don’t think
      that these XB-700s are that much better so I guess you can pick and choose based on size preference.

It also comes with a travel pouch. As far as taking these on a plane, a bus ride, or something like that, the travel pouch definitely comes in handy, so that’s a nice addition.

It seems pretty durable to me. I haven’t had any complaints in respects to the construction. The sound quality is on-par with other semi-high-end products and the price is great.

I would recommend these if you only need them for at-still listening and like over-the-ear headphones.

Darius Jefferson says :

The sound has good qaulity and they last for a long time. The headphones are very affordable

Fuscero replies :

I agree.

Yesaya Jnr Nkhwazi says :

I definitely agree that the Sony MDR-XB700 Headphones are better than the Beats By Dre Headphones because the Beats By Dre Headphones are just a marketing scam - they are not really for professional use. They are made by Monster - just like the made a headphone line for Dr. Dre, they’ve done Diddy Beats for P. Diddy, Skull Candy for Jay-Z, GaGaBeats for LadyGaga, so on and so forth. Whereas I’ve been to multiple studios and they’ll you that Sony MDR-XB700 Headphones are really good headphones, most of Sony’s studio headphones aremanufactured really well.

Fuscero replies :

Ya..the Beats line is kinda overrated.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 168041606750930/k2311a048/4.8.13