Beats By Dre Executive Headphones  » Electronics  »
  • I mean, it’s not the best case that I’ve used, but it’s, by far, the best case they’ve released with the Dr. Dre headphone line, so kudos to them for going beyond and stepping up their game as far as the case goes
  • I believe it’s made out of some kinda alloy of aluminum and stainless steel (I’m not an expert on that kinda stuff)
  • Overall, the headphones feel great and the design looks amazing
  • So, needless to say, I’m pretty impressed with the battery life
  • But if you’re looking for great quality balanced sound, these are the most balanced Beats by Dr. Dre headphones in my opinion…and I’ve tried almost all of them

• by Fuscero

Before I get to talking about the headphones themselves, I want to talk about the case. This case is very hard and has a very nice feel to it. When you open it up it’s lined with a really soft material. The coolest thing is that it has this little diagram in the corner showing you how to put the headphones in the case. I needed that because when I first got it, I was puzzled about how the headphones actually fold into this case. I mean, it’s not the best case that I’ve used, but it’s, by far, the best case they’ve released with the Dr. Dre headphone line, so kudos to them for going beyond and stepping up their game as far as the case goes.

They come with two sets of wires, one of them with a remote control talk, and one of them without it. I never really used the one that doesn’t have the control talk, so I gave it away to a friend. It also comes with an adapter so that you can plug it

in to professional equipment and also an airplane adaptor thing as well. The cable tips are gold plated and it is fairly thick compared to other cables you might have used. They didn’t really change the quality of the cable itself from their other headphones. The inline remote does have a microphone and buttons for volume. I’m not too happy about how this inline control thing feels but it works and that’s all that I ask for it to do and I guess that’s all that matters.

Now, the headphones. They actually fold and twist, like many other high-end headphones. I believe it’s made out of some kinda alloy of aluminum and stainless steel (I’m not an expert on that kinda stuff). The head region kinda feels like leather headband thing that has a good contour curve to it and is has good thickness. It’s has this two color appealing silver and black theme to it that makes a very good contrast. Overall, the headphones feel great and the design looks amazing.

On top of the ear part, there’s an on and off switch, because these headphones are noise-cancelling headphones. On one side of the ear piece, you have the battery cover. You have slots for two triple A batteries inside. For me, I’ve been using these at work, and I tried it once at the gym. Each set of batteries should last you 20-25 hours, according to the company. I’ve had these for a week now and I’m still using the same batteries that came with the box. So, needless to say, I’m pretty impressed with the battery life.

Usually, Beats by Dre headphones are made out of plastic to make it feel flexible. These headphones are different. These headphones are not flimsy whatsoever. The thing about it though is that they’re also a little heavier than normal headphones. So, as far as comfort, after an hour or so, you do feel them because they are kinda heavy. However, the ear cups are so soft that they don’t bother me at all. These are larger ear cups and they do warm up your ears. They fit well, at least on my ...

• Beats By Dre Executive Headphones
      ears, and depending on how big your ears are, it might be a different story.

I’ve actually tried the Beats by Dre Mixr headphones and those were extremely uncomfortable and felt so tight and small and I didn’t like them.

These headphones feel like a mixture between Dr. Dre Pro and Dr Dre Studio headphones. I think it has the build quality of the Pro headphones and the comfort of the Studio headphones.

I think the sound is kinda a controversial one for these headphones. Usually, Beats by Dre headphones are known for having deep rich bass and for some people, it’s overpowering and they don’t like it. People listen to all kinds of music and when you have a lot of bass, that’s not necessarily a good thing for all genres. I think, comparatively, these headphones have much less bass than the Dr. Dre Pro headphones. For me, it feels like it strikes as a lot more balanced. I remember when the first time I put them on and I happened to shuffle to a rough sounding song. I was actually

impressed because it didn’t feel overpowering. If you’re looking for that boom factor, where it’s going to blow your face away with the bass, this isn’t gonna do it for you. But if you’re looking for great quality balanced sound, these are the most balanced Beats by Dr. Dre headphones in my opinion…and I’ve tried almost all of them. It still has bass but it’s a more subtle, cleaner, and crisper bass.

The only thing bad about these headphones is that they leak a lot, so don’t blast your music next to somebody because they’ll be listening to everything you’re listening to. I mean, I don’t play my music that loud (I’m not trying to go deaf). I just take advantage of the great noise cancelling and play it at a normal level and I don’t get any complaints about my music being audible.

I’m not going to kid you here. These are expensive headphones. I can justify spending a lot of money on these headphones because you get awesome sound quality, a nice design, and a great build quality. Would I recommend them? Absolutely.

Zachary buchanan says :

re : But if you’re looking for great quality balanced sound, these are the most balanced Beats by Dr. Dre headphones in my opinion…and I’ve tried almost all of them
he Beats Studio3 Wireless offers improved sound quality, noise canceling and battery life from its predecessor in the same sturdy design. Apple’s W1 chip makes pairing with Apple devices dead simple. Performs well as a headset for making phone calls and and stacks up well against competing models from a sound standpoint.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 168041606600830/k2311a048/4.8.13