HP-G56 Notebook PC  » Laptops  »
  • It's not a cheap laptop, but definitely something you would want to get if you were on a budget
  • There is no built in webcam, which I found a bit distressing
  • Windows 7 is amazing and I have no complaint about that either

• by Mumen

This laptop did not live up to my standards at all. It’s not a cheap laptop, but definitely something you would want to get if you were on a budget. I however, did not know any better while purchasing this laptop, and did not decide to do any research before buying the laptop. I purchased this laptop for around $200, and I wish I had looked into the specifications of the laptop first.

The laptop comes with a 2.2GHz Intel

Celron 900 processor, definitely not good for running games or running multiple tasks at one time. It also comes with 250 GB of internal hard drive, this allows the laptop to be more than capable of holding multiple videos, images, and etc. The screen size is 15.6″ going diagonal and is a bright LED widescreen display. The picture on the screen is very crisp and cutting edge, even today, the picture has not failed to impress me. The resolution is 1366 x 768.

Some of the additional features include a built in microphone, which is usable, but not recommended if you have an actual microphone to use nearby. There is no built in webcam, which I found a bit distressing. It has 3 2.0 USB ports, 1 Ethernet port, 1 VGA port, 1 headphone port, and 1 speaker/microphone port. The computer also comes with a DVD player/burner, both these features work well and I have no complaints about either ...

• HP-G56 Notebook PC
      of them.

The battery is a Lithium-ion battery, and the laptop itself weighs 5.6 Lbs. It feels a bit heavier though. The casing that encompasses that laptop has a hardened plastic feel, and be warned, it can crack easily. The laptop only comes in black and comes with a Windows 7 operating system. Windows 7 is amazing and I have no complaint about that either.

My overall impression of this laptop is a no-go, but this varies depending on your circumstances.

If you are like me, you are the occasional gamer, but with this laptop, that does not fly well. The graphics card is very weak and the processor is no good. However, if you are a casual user, this laptop is a good fit. I am satisfied about the picture quality and resolution however. That is why I rate this laptop a 7, this laptop may have a good picture, but resolution isn’t everything, and the processor isn’t up to par.

Cherno Jome says :

Even though the HP-G56 Notebook, is not a Apple Mac-book however it has great future, first the speed of the HP-G56 Notebook PC is is fast unlike certain laptops the HP-G56 zooms when loading pages with a lot of content while still opening other web pages for browsing. The graphic are up to par its not 3D imaging its Camera takes good pictures and skype camera is great and pretty clear. My sister has one and two of my classmates who are video gamer’s play World of War Craft and Doom with no complaints and distraction. They say ” the software and hardware is of the processors is Amazing and surprisingly good for a laptop worth around $ 200.00

rayan mohd says :

hi this is the best laptop i have bought it and now iam using it it so so much fun and good quailty

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 635041606540830/k2311a045/4.5.13