Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Graphics Tablet  » Electronics  »
  • The first time I used it was really interesting
  • In overall, I like this product, as I do enjoy many of Wacom’s devices
  • It’s a great entry-level tablet if you want to start designing, drawing, or animating as a hobbyist, enthusiast, novice, etc. For the price it’s definitely worth it and I absolutely recommend it

• by Fuscero

This tablet is super thin and very light weight. If you use a laptop and commute or travel a lot, you can easily slip this into your laptop bag. The construction is really good. It’s not going to break, mess up or scratch or anything.

It comes in black and white and has a simple design that’s appealing.

You use the pen on the designated area and it’s pressure sensitive, so you can put as much pressure as you want onto it and it does a pretty good job.

I’ve been using this device for a while now. The first time I used it was really interesting. The learning curve with this tablet is kinda high, at least it was for me, being that this was my first tablet.

This

is a pen and touch device so you can use the stylus or your fingers. For those of you that are Mac users, the gestures you can use with these are very similar to what you would use on a MacBook laptop. You can do two-finger gestures to rotate, zoom, scroll etc.

This does work on the Mac and PC. It comes with a Bamboo QuickStart guide, an installation disk with the drivers for Windows and Mac. There’s also a software bundle, and privileges program info.

It obviously has a USB 2.0 cable to connect to your computer. The cord is pretty long in case your computer is far away. Off to the side, it has a little leatherish loop thing that works as a pen holder. You don’t have to worry about ever losing the pen again and that’s a big relief (those things are expensive). On the other side, it has four programmable buttons. It has two large buttons and two smaller buttons.

You can change the settings so that you don’t use the whole space for the designated pen controllable area.

If you’re a new tablet user, I should say that the pen is different from the touch control. The touch uses a limited amount of space that kinda resets when you remove your hand. So, if you’re scrolling you drag your hand upward, release, and then start again from the bottom. However, the pen has a predefined area that accounts for your entire computer screen.

The pen/stylus is not battery powered or ...

• Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Graphics Tablet
      anything. I actually have no idea how exactly it works but it just does. It has a removable tip that you can pull out in case the tip gets worn down. The pen has two buttons on it. The top button is usually used for the right click function and the bottom one is use for panning the canvas.

As with any tablet, you might have to clean it every once in a while, because it might pick up the oils from your hands. You can do like me and buy a smudge guard that makes any tablet much easier to use for extended use and removes the possibility of smears/ stickiness.

The coolest feature by far, is the eraser. The first month that I used this tablet, I

had programmed the side panel buttons to carry out undo and redo functions. Then, a friend of mine saw me doing that and said, “dude..you know you can just use the other side to erase, right?” That just blew my mind. It makes it feel more like a pencil. I’m pretty sure the eraser is recognizable in all Adobe products. The pen is lightweight and very comfortable to use. I mean, I don’t need to really tell you that. You know how to use a pencil.

In overall, I like this product, as I do enjoy many of Wacom’s devices. It’s a great entry-level tablet if you want to start designing, drawing, or animating as a hobbyist, enthusiast, novice, etc. For the price it’s definitely worth it and I absolutely recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1627031606170731/k2311a0327/3.27.13