Monster Beats by Dr. Dre Studio Headphones  » Electronics  »
  • It also does have the microphone on it that provides excellent quality from my experience
  • I think that the padding is leather and just feels smooth and comfortable to wear
  • I prefer headphones that have a more neutral sound
  • A nice well balanced pair of headphones is what I like
  • These are the best pair of headphones that I’ve ever used under 300 bucks

• by Fuscero

I love these headphones.

There are two cables included for these headphones. You get the standard cable (which is red) is for the typical three and a half millimeter headphone jacks. One end plugs into the headphones on the left side and the other end plugs into your device. It’s a very nice, very good quality cable. It’s smooth and much thicker than your standard iPhone cable and as a result, I really think that helps prevent these cords from entangling. These wires never tangle when I use them. My normal method for storage is simply wrapping it around my hand to form a loop thing and just toss them into the included pouch. When I want to use them, I simply stretch the loop and it’s tangle-free. It seems like a lot of other headphones that I’ve used seem to tangle all by themselves without you touching them

much, so I’m glad that’s not so with these headphones.

Also included is another audio cable, that works with your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPod Classic, Nano or anything else. It does have a clicker on it for playing and pausing and skipping tracks. However, there is no volume control buttons on the cable. The clicker is a little sensitive. You have to hit it in just the right spot but it does work really well. It even works with gloves. I’ve tried them with my gloves on…you know, walking to work and what not and it works perfectly. It also does have the microphone on it that provides excellent quality from my experience. I’ve have made lots of phone calls while wearing these headphones and it works well.

They did include a hard travel carrying case which I have been using and it’s a very nice case.

About the headphones, they are an over the ear design. They aren’t on the ear like the Solo counterpart. These go over your ears and your ears sit inside the cup cushion. The cups are very very soft. I think that the padding is leather and just feels smooth and comfortable to wear. I could wear them all day if I wanted to. I’ve worn them for hours on end and have had no problems. It also has a padded leather band along the top, which, again, is very nice. It has metal hinges and seem to be of good quality. They are expandable to fit your ridiculously large head, should you be so fortunate to have one (like me) or if you happen to be wearing a hat. The hinges seem quite durable and have the trademark text on it.

Now, these are powered headphones. These do require batteries to work. The battery compartment ...

• Monster Beats by Dr. Dre Studio Headphones
      is inside the left ear cup and to access it, you simply twist the plastic cover, which pops right off. Inside you have slots for two triple A batteries. The batteries do last a decent amount of time, which is great. I use them on an almost daily basis and sometimes I even forget to turn them off so you don’t really have to worry about changing the batteries often. The batteries power the noise isolation abilities as well as the headphones. The noise cancellation on these things is incredible. When I’m wearing these with the volume at 50%, I can’t hear anything but my music. They have a button that you can press, in case someone is trying to talk to you, and it stops the noise isolation and stops the music. You can have your conversation and then push the button again to turn it back on
      and hear your wondrous music again. This doesn’t pause the music. The music continues playing but you just can’t hear it.

As far as sound quality goes, I think it kinda depends on your preference. I prefer headphones that have a more neutral sound. A nice well balanced pair of headphones is what I like. This is the stuff right here and I really like the quality. I want to be able to hear the bass but I don’t want it to drown out the rest of the sounds. These headphones fit the bill perfectly. If you want more bass, you can just use a bass booster. The mids and the highs on these headphones are the clearest and sharpest that I’ve ever heard on any headphones. Bar none.

I’m really happy with these headphones. I’m being completely honest here. These are the best pair of headphones that I’ve ever used under 300 bucks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1627031606130731/k2311a0327/3.27.13