Skullcandy Mix Master Mike Headphones  » Electronics  »
  • I was practically panicking, thinking that it was broken or something but it turns out that the mute button was on, so if you do experience that on your first usage, make sure that the mute button is turned off
  • I know a lot of people that are audiophiles and are very picky about headphones
  • The best part about it is that it doesn’t require battery to function

• by Fuscero

I’ve been listening to these headphones for quite a while now. I’ve listened to it with music, Youtube videos, and movies. I’ve tried it in a bus, in a mall, in my wall, on the street and practically everywhere that you would use headphones.

It has a plastic frame. It has metal reinforcement hinges on the side for more durability. These headphones are a very big fingerprint magnet. It easily gets smudged when you touch it. It has audio jacks on both sides that lets you plug in your audio cable either through the left or the right. It has a mute button off to the side as well that basically turns off the sound…pretty simple. The thing about the mute button is that the first two days or so when

I got these headphones I got confused. I put on the headphones and played the music and didn’t hear any audio come out of the headphones. I was practically panicking, thinking that it was broken or something but it turns out that the mute button was on, so if you do experience that on your first usage, make sure that the mute button is turned off.

It has three paddings on the top to cushion the areas around your head. I was kinda surprised at how comfortable they were on my ears. I was worried because sometimes (as I’ve experienced in the past), circle cushions don’t feel good on your head or ears…but it turns out that these ones were pretty good. The fit might be kinda tight if you have big ears but it makes up for it with really soft cushions. I wear ear piercing and the ear cups fit perfectly into my ear with no discomfort or pain.

As for the sound quality, I would say it’s pretty good. I know a lot of people that are audiophiles and are very picky about headphones. It does a good job on balancing the sound for practically all categories of songs and the different types of genres. The bass, mids, and highs are all in tune with one another. I’ve tried some headphones that are really crisp, so much that it hurts your ears, and I’ve tried others that have so much bass that it’s annoying. The Mix Master Mike is crisp as well but when you turn up the ...

• Skullcandy Mix Master Mike Headphones
      volume, it doesn’t hurt or pierce and does well on the higher frequencies as well as the lower frequencies.

The best part about it is that it doesn’t require battery to function. That’s kinda important. Say, you are traveling and you’re listening to your standard high-end headphones and the battery dies off and you don’t have a spare. You would be done and would no longer be able to listen to music until you got back home.

They give you a 6.3 mm adapter as well, that you can use for electric keyboards and other audio equipment that use this type of jack.

The audio cable plugs into the headphone and can screw inward to create a really sturdy connection between the headphones and the cable. This is a great feature

especially if you are a DJ and you’re really active on stage.

It also comes with another audio cable that looks more like the standard 3.5 mm connection. This cable doesn’t screw inward like the other one. It comes with the typical microphone and volume up and down buttons, with play, pause, previous, next function as well. Some of these controls only work on the iPhone and iPod models and not on Android.

Another thing is, if you listen to your music extra loud, like me, the good thing about it is that the sound does not leak as much as other headphones I have tried.

That’s pretty much it. It costs less than other high-end products. It’s has a little noise cancelling power, great sound quality, and it doesn’t run on battery. I highly recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1627031606120731/k2311a0327/3.27.13