Follow the Leader, 1998 Album by Korn
  • But I think that I did not need this music to be appreciated by others, for it to be fashionable to enjoy it myself
  • The catchiest songs that I enjoyed in the beginning where
  • I love both those sections, and in particular when it goes
  • The track with the best rapping on this album is called Cameltosis

• by mcguard85

This album is iconic. I was truly taken in by this music, I was drawn into it, almost disappearing in it. This music was all the rage when I was a kid, and many of my fellow teenage friends were very much into this music at the time. But I think that I did not need this music to be appreciated by others, for it to be fashionable to enjoy it myself. I loved Korn for the same reasons I loved this album in particular.

I loved their lyrics and themes, I liked their sound and their complex yet appealing compositions. This album consists of only good songs, from my point of view, of course. I personally liked all these tracks, at different times. At first only the catchiest tracks came to my attention,

but with time I started enjoying all the other songs, until I actually went through absolutely all of them.

The catchiest songs that I enjoyed in the beginning where: It’s On, Freak on a Leash, Children of the Korn, All in the Family. It’s On is a song that is catchy in a way that no previous Korn song had been. On this song they packed a lot of aggression and drive, and yet they kind of simplified their approach at the same time, making their metal aggression more easily accessible for the average listener. It’s On does not get very complex, and, if it were not for the loud explosive roar of the guitars, this music could have been a dance song, I mean it.

Freak on a Leash has a really strong ...

• melodic part in the bridge and the chorus. I love both those sections, and in particular when it goes: something take a part of me… and also sometimes I cannot feel my face, you’ll never see me fall from grace. Children of the Korn struck my attention due to its employment of rap sections. I think that Ice Cube does pretty good here.

He sounds very impressive. All in the Family has a catchy simple tune, and the sound is pretty good as well, but as far as its rapping is concerned, I think it does not work that great on this one. The track with the best rapping on this album is called Cameltosis. It is track number twelve and it features Tre Hardson.

This is an interesting track indeed. It has a

great sound, that almost feels psychedelic, and Tre’s voice is really good, it sounds pleasant, and the chorus section is also nice melodically. As I got to deeper stages of appreciation of this album, I was drawn to the songs which also can be described as being deeper. I mean such songs as B.

B. K. , Pretty, My Gift to You. BBK is a really explosive song.

It has a lot of power. The power of this track reminds me of their preceding record, Life is Peachy. Pretty has a pretty slow tempo, and it is a very powerful song, with great emotional weight, and almost artistic vocal delivery by Jonathan Davies. My Gift to You is a strong traditional heavy metal song with great extensive sound.

Without this record Korn would never be Korn. This is a really good album. It is iconic.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1422031605870731/k2311a0322/3.22.13