Wi-Tribe 4G broadband Internet Postpaid Plan 598 (up to 1mbps)
  • I decided to submit a review of this internet service before I totally forget my experience with this broadband provider
  • I also noticed that the speed decreases when it is raining
  • I tried calling their hotline but unfortunately it's sooooooooooooo difficult to contact them
  • Another problem I had is with my paper bill
  • But what I think they really really really need to improve is their customer service hotline

• by Roman

Today I returned my wi-tribe wifi modem and had my Wi-tribe internet service disconnected. Not because I wasn’t happy with the service but because a land based DSL was required for my new home-based job. I decided to submit a review of this internet service before I totally forget my experience with this broadband provider.

I got wi-tribe back in march of 2012. I’ve read a lot of negative comments about wi-tribe. I still decided to try it because at the time that I applied they had a promotion where the two years lock-in period is waived. First I asked the sales agent to come over my place for a demo. I was satisfied with the speed of the internet so i went ahead and filled out the application

forms and submitted the necessary documents. It took only 3 days to process my application and install the service.

Most of the time I use the internet for facebook, emaila chat, google search, uploading and downloading pictures, downloading music, video clips and movies. After 8 months of using this internet service, I can honestly say that most of the time I am satisfied with the speed that I’m getting. Although, There are certain times of the day when the service would become slow. In my case this would happen at around 3pm. I also noticed that the speed decreases when it is raining.

The most difficult experience I had with them happened back on the 2nd week of august of 2012. I noticed that my service became veeeeeeeery slow. My

facebook account wouldn’t completely load up. I thought it was just a temporary thing. so I let it pass. After 3 days, there was no improvement. I sent a text message to their technical support but I never got any response. I tried calling their hotline but unfortunately it’s sooooooooooooo difficult to contact them. It’s already 11am and I would still couldn’t get through to any representative.

When I did get to talk to someone, they explained to me that my service got subjected to the “fair use” law. Meaning I exceeded the amount of data that I am allowed to download. It was unlimited internet but apparently not unlimited downloads. I admit that it’s my fault. I downloaded too many movies. The customer representative told me that my ...

• Wi-Tribe 4G broadband Internet Postpaid Plan 598 (up to 1mbps)
      service will refresh at the end of the month and it will go back to the normal speed. So I waited patiently for the end of the month. I waited for two weeks. September came but there was no change. I called them again and complained about it but nobody could give any explanation. My service got back to normal only on the 4th day of September.

Another problem I had is with my paper bill. For 4 months straight, September to December, I never received any bill from them. Last month, when I went to one of their centers to make a payment, I overheard one of the customers complaining about the same thing.

But what I think they really really really need to improve is their customer

service hotline. Because it’s so difficult to contact them in the morning. Maybe they need to add more agents there to answer the calls. But to be fair, I can say that all the representatives that I spoke with were nice (even though I wasn’t). They were all very patient and kindly assisted me with admirable professionalism.

One thing that I’ve learned is that there is no such thing as a perfect company. I expected such things to happen. I’m glad that they didn’t happen all of the time. although not perfect, I’m happy with the speed of the internet that wi-tribe provided me. I feel that I have accomplished a lot of things online while I was using their service. I wouldn’t mind recommending wi-tribe to a family member or friend.

isagani ylagan jr says :

re : I decided to submit a review of this internet service before I totally forget my experience with this broadband provider
How can i pay my witribe

Saba Haider says :

I pay my witribe bill by going to their website and clicking on the`pay now’ button…

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2121031605510731/k2311a0321/3.21.13