Pigeon Steam Sterilizer  » Baby care  »
  • I suppose it was a mother instinct thing and I just wanted the best for my unborn baby back then
  • When I looked for an affordable and durable steam sterilizer, I found this in a long line of different brands
  • Incidentally, it was cheaper and sturdy looking, which I thought to be just perfect for our budget
  • I definitely recommend this to moms out there who want affordable steam sterilizers

• by Zelmija

It was one of those things that you cannot be without. I immediately thought of buying a baby bottle sterilizer for my baby when I became pregnant. I suppose it was a mother instinct thing and I just wanted the best for my unborn baby back then. When I looked for an affordable and durable steam sterilizer, I found this in a long line of different brands. Of course, I had the opportunity to look long and hard because there were just so many choices. My head was reeling from all the price tags and the way the sales clerks were trying

to win me over with the product that they were assigned to sell. However, my husband was there to give me additional insight as to what is the best that our money could buy at the time.

This is not a biased review by the way. I will be giving both negative and positive feedback about this product and if it is worth buying. What led me to buy this brand is that it was the same brand that my brother was using for his own baby’s feeding bottles and eating utensils. It was not because I found the product’s promised features an eye candy or such. I would have bought just about anything from that whole shelf of different brands of sterilizers. Incidentally, it was cheaper and sturdy looking, which I thought to be just perfect for our budget.

Moreover, the Pigeon Steam Sterilizer came in a neat white color with a few baby blue colors inside, on top, and also on the base of the heater. I was so excited in using it for the first time when I gave birth to my baby and we went home from the hospital a few days later. The instructions are easy to follow. After removing the ...

• Pigeon Steam Sterilizer
      accessory tray, stand and bottle tray, pour 70 mL of clean drinking water (I always use a distilled one) and make sure it does not overflow at the sides or it will damage the unit itself. Put the bottles on the bottom tray and then the nipples, caps, and other small accessories on the accessory tray. Press the “on” switch and it will automatically start sterilizing the feeding bottles for 9 whole minutes. It will also automatically stop after that amount of time has passed.

I certainly found it to be practical and easy to use. My time with this is spent wisely

as well because I can do other things while letting it sterilize the bottles. The only downside that I have regarding this product is that for quite some time, there will be a buildup of residue inside the heater from the water and even if I clean it after using it every time, even trying the vinegar suggestion in the instruction manual, the residue is something I cannot undo in the long run. But still, I pretty much loved this sterilizer because my 10-month-old baby never had any stomach related problems. I definitely recommend this to moms out there who want affordable steam sterilizers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5420031605470731/k2311a0320/3.20.13