Adobe Photoshop Elements 11  » Software  »
  • This is the first time that I decided to invest money to buy proprietary Adobe software

• by Samir

I have used various Adobe products previously. This is the first time that I decided to invest money to buy proprietary Adobe software. I was looking for a powerful photo editing software for my office work. I didn’t need to look for longer and bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 11.

I had used the previously the previous version Elements 10 on my friends’ computer. That was quite user friendly and always provided sensational result. This version is

even better. I didn’t need to learn anything to become expert of this software. It is a feature packed software which makes handling and editing of images quite easy and full of fun.

The installation is swift. Further, the license permits me to use it on two computers. I have installed it on my workstation as well as on my home PC. I must mention here that there is caveat of this ‘two computers’ permission – I can’t use the software on both computers simultaneously. That is not an issue with me.

It took around 20 minutes to complete the full installation. Afterwards, this software catalogues the entire images stacked on my computer. The indexing of images is also fast. I was asked to catalogue images in terms of people, person and places. I did as was told as obviously it was going to help me later.

Being a perfectly user friendly software,

• Adobe Photoshop Elements 11
      it doesn’t require any technical knowledge. Just a little bit of understanding with the way digital images work and familiarity of file extension is required to handle it with dexterity. I also noticed that .psd files are being handled with selection and layers tools.

There is no denying that Adobe always took care of output. Printing an image is swift and without any sort of problems. I have always used the default options for printing and,

needless to say, it provided impeccable image quality. There is also advanced options for image output, which I am yet to explore.

One of the major drawbacks with this software is the location of help file. Adobe somehow assumes that all of its users are connected with the Internet. As soon as I clicked on HELP, I am taken to adobe.com website. The help file is not locally hosted.

On the whole, I am satisfied with this software.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3019031605460931/k2311a0319/3.19.13