Django Unchained (movie)  » Movies  »
  • Another reason why I just didn’t think that I would enjoy it very much was because the movie was a Western, and growing up I’ve always hated the genre since I thought it was boring
  • However, I thought that he did such a wonderful job in this movie that I feel as if my respect for him as an actor has grown immensely since
  • The next actor who I think did a great job was the one who played the role of the German dentist
  • I know I’ve seen him in other movies before like this one, and while I never thought he was a bad actor, I never really took notice of him
  • Therefore, I most definitely recommend the movie “Django Unchained” not only to people who are fans of Quentin but also those who like Westerns or even action movies

• by Redtape

One of the most impressive movies that I’ve watched so far this year was “Django Unchained”, which I feel was surprising since when I watched the trailer, I never got the feeling that it might give The Hobbit a run for its money even though I knew it was going to be good. Another reason why I just didn’t think that I would enjoy it very much was because the movie was a Western, and growing up I’ve always hated the genre since I thought it was boring.

“Django Unchained” was a star studded Western and action movie that was written and directed by the famous director Quentin Tarantino. It is set during slavery and the times of the Wild West where a slave named Django who is married to a black woman with the German name Broomhilda, tries to escape from a plantation. The couple are

caught, and the plantation owner is furious, so he tortures and brands the both of them before selling them separately. Django is rescued by a German dentist who works as a bounty hunter , while he is being transported with other slaves. The dentist frees Django from his chains and asks him if he would like to help him hunt criminals with the promise of Django’s freedom, his wife and a healthy sum of money in the end as a parting gift.

The movie is divided into three main parts. The first is where Django begins to make his transition from a slave into a bounty hunter. This is where the dentist trains him and they capture various criminals. In the second part, Django and his mentor go an a mission to rescue Broomhilda. The very last and shortest part however sees the dentist dead and Django going to rescue his wife and kill his enemies.

There were many things that I liked about the movie. One of them in particular was the acting. As I previously mentioned, the movie was star studded so I saw many familiar faces, including that of the actor Jamie Foxx who played the role of the slave Django. I’ve never really rated Foxx as an actor, even when he played Ray Charles in the movie Ray. However, I thought that he did such a wonderful job in this movie that I feel as if my respect for him as an actor has grown immensely since.

The next actor who I think did a great job was the one who played the role of the German dentist. I know I’ve seen him in other movies before like this one, and while I never thought he was a bad actor,

• Django Unchained (movie)
      I never really took notice of him.

There was also the actor Leonardo Dicaprio who played the role of John Candie. I never expected anything less from him since I’ve always believe that he has almost unmatched talent when compared to many other Hollywood actors.

The next thing that I liked about this movie was the action, and I love action movies. I thought that the movie had so much action in it was a little strange too, since in the Westerns that I personally have seen or tried to watch, I never really saw a lot of action scenes that interested me at all.

Another thing that I liked about “Django Unchained” was the humour. The plot was a heavy one indeed between Django’s life as a slave, which in that time and place was slightly lower than an animal, the overt racism, trying to rescue Broomhilda, murder and

many other gruesome themes. However, the humour helped balance it out and helped make them movie lighter and more enjoyable. For example, there was the scene where the dentist and Django first encountered each other when Django was being transported. The humourous part was when the rest of slaves were given the gun for a chance to finish off their slave trader.

There is also the scene where a plantation owner leads a large party of men to kill Django and the dentist, but everyone in the group keeps complaining about how they can’t see through the white bags on their head.

No matter how I try to find something that could have been done better in this movie, I honestly can’t. Therefore, I most definitely recommend the movie “Django Unchained” not only to people who are fans of Quentin but also those who like Westerns or even action movies.

Tonya Ryan says :

I loved this movie. So refreshing to see a movie where the tables aren’t turned. It’s great to see a slave master get his just due for a change. It great seeing a slave stand up and fight back. I love this movie so much. A must see.

Moe says :

This was definitely a great movie but I wish Jamie Foxx had more speaking roles. His body language however was perfect and he did a great job in his role. Christopher Waltz stood out however because he did most the speaking roles in this film. He was phenomenal.

Azriel says :

I watched this movie knowing it was about slavery and opression. I didn’t prepare myself for anything less than a heart breaking “treat” and emotional experience because I hate too see such happening. I like this movie and How Django has remained strong and has been firm as to get to where he wanted to go. This proves no matter what sotuation you are you can always fight your way up against all that has looked down on you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1119031605360931/k2311a0319/3.19.13