Hulk vs Thor (movie)  » Movies  »
  • The person swore that I would enjoy the animated movie immensely, but when I watched it, I found that while I thought it had potential I didn’t really enjoy it
  • Other reviews I’ve read on this movie seem to agree with that, but I personally did not feel as if the actors did much for the characters
  • The characters in my opinion were also mediocre and cliché
  • I found I had pity for Loki and understood his confusion, self loathing and his plight because of this
  • Despite my dislike of it, I would still recommend this movie to Marvel and Thor fans

• by Redtape

I was never really interested in the Thor comic book series when I was a little girl, but ever since I watched the movie “Thor” and “The Avengers”, an interest in the marvel character has been kindled. Therefore, from time to time I find movies and stories about the hero even though many times they don’t match up to the Thor movie and The Avengers movie in my eyes. One of those movies I managed to find was “Hulk vs Thor”, which was recommended to me by another family member who is interested in the comic book hero as well. The person swore that I would enjoy the animated movie immensely, but when I watched it, I found that while I thought it had potential I didn’t really enjoy it.

Hulk vs Thor is an animated movie where Loki is once again the main villain, and he tries

to acquire for himself boundless power which he sees in the form of the Hulk. In the movie, Loki gets the help of another Asgardian to help split Bruce Banner and the Hulk into two different people, and then find a way to control the Hulk on his own. However, things go terribly wrong and Loki realizes that even the master of trickery cannot control a being powerful and indestructible like the Hulk. Therefore, what happens is that Loki loses control of the creature and it begins to destroy Asgard. Thor then finds himself in a race to save Asgard and fuse the Hulk back together with the only man who can control him, Bruce Banner.

As I mentioned, there were a few things that I never really liked about this movie. One of them in particular was the drawing and animation style. I find it very refreshing to see traditional two dimensional drawings in this day and age since it feels sometimes like I can’t get away from the three dimensional animated movies anymore. However, this time, my opinions are a little different. I thought that the drawings could have been a lot more detailed and leaned more to a comic book style as an ode to Marvel. I even felt that the characters had too much of a square shape to them.

Another thing that I wasn’t too fond of was the voice acting. Other reviews I’ve read on this movie seem to agree with that, but I personally did not feel as if the actors did much for the characters. While I’m not at all saying that the actors did a terrible job, I never felt that they made the characters come alive like one or two animated movies I’ve watched.

The characters ...

• Hulk vs Thor (movie)
      in my opinion were also mediocre and cliché. When I look for villains and heroes in a film, I generally want them to be colourful with many dimensions. This was why I loved the way Tom Hiddleston portrayed Loki in Thor and The Avengers. I found I had pity for Loki and understood his confusion, self loathing and his plight because of this. The Loki in Hulk vs Thor on the other hand doesn’t have much colour to him in the sense that he seems like the cliché comic book villain without a solid story to back up what he did and why.

One thing I can’t deny is that I did find the plot interesting, otherwise I would have never wasted my time and watched the movie from start to finish. I found the plot intriguing because I found myself wanting to know how Thor would manage to

get Bruce Banner and the Hulk back in the same body.

I also found the movie intriguing since it seemed to put in a bit of trivia that I don’t remember seeing in the comic, such as Loki had a daughter who is queen of the underworld.

Since I never really liked the movie, I find it a little hard to consider what was my favourite scene or which one stuck with me the most, but the more I think about it, two come to mind. The first is when Bruce Banner is trapped in his own mind dreaming about a quiet life with a wife and children.

The second would have to be when Loki separates Bruce Banner and The Hulk which is something I never knew could be done in the Marvel Universe.

Despite my dislike of it, I would still recommend this movie to Marvel and Thor fans.

Tonya Ryan says :

I just watched this movie. I don’t usually watch this type of movie. But I’m open to trying new things so I did. And I must say, not bad. This movie held my interest quite well. In the end good prevailed. Good movie. Check it out for yourself.

aman says :

re : Despite my dislike of it, I would still recommend this movie to Marvel and Thor fans
Yes this movie is for those who love thor to see

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1119031605260931/k2311a0319/3.19.13