Definitely Maybe, 1994 Album by Oasis  » Music  »
  • I am a rather big Oasis fan, but I simply do not consider this album to be that great
  • This album appears on various lists of the Best Albums Ever, but I think that this record deserves only a grade of about seven out of ten
  • The song Live Forever is a song that I enjoy a lot
  • As far as the rest of the songs is concerned, I find them a bit boring because they are trying to be exciting in a very predictable and basic way
  • The verse is rather interesting, but the chorus is kind of cut short by monotonous downwards slide of the phrase cigarettes and alcohol… The song Slide Away is a bit basic as well

• by mcguard85

I am a rather big Oasis fan, but I simply do not consider this album to be that great. This album appears on various lists of the Best Albums Ever, but I think that this record deserves only a grade of about seven out of ten. I think that there are just some songs here that are very catchy, and this is why the record was a breakthrough hit, but in terms of the overall quality of the material, this album is good but not great. The catchy super-songs on this album are obviously Rock ‘n’ Roll Star, Live Forever and Supersonic.

Out of

these three I do not like the first song that much because it does not sound to me like anything other than a dynamic pop punk type of song. The song Live Forever is a song that I enjoy a lot. I think that this melody was meant to be a hit.

This song presents a wonderful blend of fantastic song-writing with fantastic vocal performance. Liam’s voice reigns over the song. The two-note prominent introductory Maybe, sung with extreme confidence by Liam at the beginning of the song is on the most memorable song beginnings of all time.

And the chorus sounds very emotional and person. All of those phrases in the chorus that start with Maybe, like Maybe I just wonna fly, wonna live, I don’t wonna die, Maybe I just wonna breathe, Maybe I just don’t believe, Maybe you’re the same as me, We’ll see things they’ll never see, You and I, We gonna live forever… This section sounds really emotional. When Noel is taking the high pitch Live forever, it sounds really strong and touching.

Supersonic is a great track. I think that it is a very catchy song indeed. I remember how I simply fell in love with the introductory riff.

I thought: A ...

• Definitely Maybe, 1994 Album by Oasis
      song that has such a great riff at the beginning is bound to be good. And when Liam comes in with the very memorable lines: I need to be myself… in his loud and deep voice, things become even better, and the song begins to unfold its dynamic beauty. As far as the rest of the songs is concerned, I find them a bit boring because they are trying to be exciting in a very predictable and basic way.

All the other songs are rather similar to one another, and they follow a pattern of somewhat catchy verses followed by some rather anti-climactic things

in the choruses. Take Cigarettes and Alcohol, for example. The guitar riff is not original, but is nicked from T.

Rex. The verse is rather interesting, but the chorus is kind of cut short by monotonous downwards slide of the phrase cigarettes and alcohol… The song Slide Away is a bit basic as well. Looking back at it all, I think that Oasis should always reserve some of the success they acquired with this album not only to hard work, but also to luck.

I personally think that, if were not for the really catchy songs like Live Forever and Supersonic, the fate of Oasis could have been different.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1413031604740831/k2311a0313/3.13.13