Bark at the Moon, 1983 Album by Ozzy Osbourne
  • Maybe it was because of the order in which I was listening the records, maybe it was for some other reasons, but I somehow formed the opinion, at the time, that these two albums were least interesting and least impressive in the Ozzy discography
  • Probably with the passage of time, and with increasing musical intellect (hopefully) I acquired a more objective approach, and now I think that this album is better than many other creations by Ozzy
  • I don’t know if it was back in early 1980s, but it definitely deserves to be that
  • As a thirteen year old kid, this was the only song that I was very impressed with at the time
  • I thought that the whole album was kind of boring, and only this song was rocking

• by mcguard85

My opinion of this album changed dramatically in the course of years. I was a huge fan of Ozzy Osbourne when I was in my early teenage years. I knew all his albums very well, and was quite fond of many of his songs. And this album, the 1983 Bark at the Moon was somehow the penultimate in my order of listening to Ozzy’s music. The last album I got familiar with was the 1991 No More Tears.

And before that I started to listening to this album. Maybe it was because of the order in which I was listening the records, maybe it was for some other reasons, but I somehow formed the opinion, at the time, that these two albums were least interesting and least impressive in the Ozzy

discography. But recently I started listening to this album again, and I changed my mind completely. Probably with the passage of time, and with increasing musical intellect (hopefully) I acquired a more objective approach, and now I think that this album is better than many other creations by Ozzy.

There are only eight songs on this record, but this is a fine selection of tracks. This album leaves a strong impression in several ways. It is probably better than it would have been if they decided to add other songs which would not be as good as these eight ones. With only eight songs, and all of these eight songs being pretty good, the album passes by very quickly.

It is one of the easiest albums to listen to from beginning

to end in one sitting. You just put it on, and the songs are so good and they follow each other rapidly, and you simply have no time to get tired. The songs that form the centre of this track are similar to each other, and I think that they are the following songs: Bark at the Moon, Now You See It (Now You Don’t), Rock ’n’ Roll Rebel and Slow Down. These songs are built around the same pattern.

This pattern was pretty much present in the previous album by Ozzy, Diary of a Madman, but I think that the performance and execution of this pattern acquired a much higher level of success on this record. These songs are very catchy sweet dynamic songs that have a heavier and harder ...

• Bark at the Moon, 1983 Album by Ozzy Osbourne
      arrangement than they could have. And the end result is very good. These songs sound like good rock, but at the same time they are very easy to listen to, and work very well for even pubescent boys.

I would particularly like to distinguish the track called Slow Down. It is track number seven, and it is a very catchy and driving song indeed. This song has remarkable speed. It is fantastic how both the verse and the chorus are so catchy.

I think that this song definitely should have been a very big hit. I don’t know if it was back in early 1980s, but it definitely deserves to be that. As a thirteen year old kid, this was the only song that I was very impressed with at the

time. I thought that the whole album was kind of boring, and only this song was rocking.

Now I think that the whole album is good, but this song simply stands out as a highlight. It is so catchy it could stand out as a highlight on any record. The chorus is really great with very energetic lyrics and rhythmic delivery: Slow down, you’re moving way too fast, Slow down, you haste is making waste etc. I think that You’re No Different is a very strong ballad.

So Tired sound too soft and smooth for an Ozzy ballad. Waiting for Darkness is a very serious and mature, interesting mid-tempo closing track. I like it a lot. This is a very good album of very high quality.

This record is a good collection of very strong individual eight tracks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1412031604690931/k2311a0312/3.12.13