Boracay  » Travel  »
Philippines

• by jackie
      The first time I had visited Boracay, it was a lost paradise. The locals were very accommodating and they all had smiles on their faces. Probably because I am Caucasian and they think I have a lot of money to spend.

Hotels were sparse and we had to live in a house that we rented for a week. Which was lovely, because we had the run of the whole adobe.

The

white sandy beaches were clean, and we only saw few people walking down the shoreline. It was indeed a place to rest and have some peace of mind.

But that was almost a decade ago. Last March, my husband invited me to visit the Philippines again and go back to Boracay for a second honeymoon.

I packed my bags and got ready for a tan. But Lo and Behold! Boracay wasn’t ...

• the same paradise I had visited years ago.

The locals were very annoying, pushing their local wares into our faces. There were hotels, restaurants and clubs lined up the shoreline.

The once clean shore was littered with people of different ages and colors. Almost where you look, you see pieces of garbage that the tourists and locals alike left.

The night life was wild and you could see drunken people throwing

up the shore line, which made me think twice about getting into the water. It wasn’t the quiet paradise I had loved.

I came home stressed and felt like I had gone hiking. I didn’t even get a tan because of the crowded beaches.

Too bad that the tourism industry in the Philippines did not take care of this place. It is now just like any other over populated vacation spot in the Philippines.

Boracay

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38905160460531/k2311a059/5.9.07