Blood Sugar Sex Magik, 1991 Album by Red Hot Chili Peppers  » Music  »
  • At the time, like many of my teenage friends, I was a huge fan of nu metal music, being particularly fond of bands like Korn, Limp Bizkit, Deftones, Slipknot etc. But one day I bought this CD
  • The songs on this album are so good and strong, I am absolutely sure that they will be enjoyed by people many-many years after this album was released
  • But with time I started listening to these last songs as well, and I thought that those songs were also pretty good, but were a little different in quality
  • One of the best qualities of this album is simply how catchy all of the songs are
  • I love the lyrics because they also represent their masculine strength and power

• by mcguard85

I was listening to this album massively in my early teenage years. I was fourteen or fifteen at the time. And at the time my listening to this album was more an exception than the rule. At the time I was not into this kind of music at all. At the time, like many of my teenage friends, I was a huge fan of nu metal music, being particularly fond of bands like Korn, Limp Bizkit, Deftones, Slipknot etc. But one day I bought this CD. And I bought this CD in a physical form, which was the norm at the time, and it was also a kind of an accident. When I was in a music store in the capital city, this CD was on sale, the price was very low, and, unlike many CDs sold in our area at that time, it had a

really great booklet, with all the lyrics, numerous photos. That booklet was very thick and had many pages. I will be honest, I bought this CD for this reason only. And, looking back, it was a good coincidence for me. Before that, when I was about twelve I had been offered once to purchase this CD by an older friend of mine. And that guy was saying to me: You should really buy this CD. This is definitely their best. This CD that you want to buy, Californication, is good, but it is still not as good as this older album. I had rejected the offer then.

Now, down to the subject of this CD itself. We all know that Red Hot Chili Peppers is a really talented, respected veteran rock band. And they have released a big number of albums. And now I have listened to all of these albums, and I can confidently assert that this album is their very best. This album is also timeless. The songs on this album are so good and strong, I am absolutely sure that they will be enjoyed by people many-many years after this album was released.

The songs on this album are extremely catchy. In this feature they could remind one of Beatles songs. These songs transcend the genre and the time they were created in. Only very few songs have a strong genre stamp on it. Only some of these songs are pure funky punk.

And another remarkable feature of this album is that almost all the songs are of this very high quality, with almost no exceptions. At first I came to familiarize myself with the songs on the first half of the albums, up until the song number eleven Under the ...

• Blood Sugar Sex Magik, 1991 Album by Red Hot Chili Peppers
      Bridge. I somehow did not want to listen until the end. I was convinced that the first 11 songs were so good that it was going to be impossible for the rest of the tracks to be as good. But with time I started listening to these last songs as well, and I thought that those songs were also pretty good, but were a little different in quality. They were more serious and melodic as opposed to rocking. But they are still very good.

One of the best qualities of this album is simply how catchy all of the songs are. Starting with the first song, The Power of Equality, all the choruses and sometimes also verses are so catchy that you immediately want to sing along to these songs. They are instantly loveable, but also last for a very long time, and can be enjoyed for

long. Only take the remarkable durability of the super song called Give It Away. It is even difficult to describe why these tracks are so catchy. But as soon as you begin to listen to them, you know what that is. The chorus are so explosive and rocking.

I also love the way in which this record is so inspired. The guys from this band were clearly on their lucky and inspired streak. You can sense how these songs must have been created. These guys must have been in a very driving, powerful state, euphoric and excited, and in those moments of excitement, probably, these super tracks were created. I love the lyrics because they also represent their masculine strength and power. The guys are singing about power, strength, vigor, the opposite sex, and they have a great chemistry.

Trust me; this record is one of the greatest albums ever, ever, ever.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1412031604480931/k2311a0312/3.12.13