Lemon Dip Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I like this recipe because it’s the perfect dip for either fruits or vegetables

• by C.Channing

Last year around this time I was searching for a dip recipe that I could eat with fruits and vegetables. I was browsing a southern cookbook when I came across a recipe for a lemon dip.

I loved the recipe because it only consisted of two ingredients: lemon and sweetened condensed milk. I wasn’t sure how the recipe was going to turn out because it required a whole

can of sweetened condensed milk and half a cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice.

However, when I prepared the recipe I was surprised at how much the lemon juice balanced the sweetness of the milk without overpowering it with its sourness. I’m not really a fan of using fresh lemons unless I really have to because they take so much work just to get a little juice out ...

• of them.

As I was experimenting with the lemon juice in this recipe, I discovered you can use either fresh squeezed lemon juice or you can buy it in a bottle and it has no affect on the final taste. However, after refrigeration you have to stir it up because the smooth texture it had at room temperature will have a key lime pie texture when it’s

cool.

I like this recipe because it’s the perfect dip for either fruits or vegetables. I especially like to eat this dip with granny smith apples and strawberries.

Ingredients:

1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk

1/2 cup of lemon juice, fresh or bottled

Directions:

1. In a medium bowl add the milk and lemon juice which can be either freshly squeezed or bottled, and mix until well blended.

2. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4911031604460931/k2311a0311/3.11.13