Dinty Moore Hearty Meals Canned Beef Stew Soup
1.0
  • Beef stew is one of my favorite stews to make because you can never have enough and it always fills me up
  • I found Dinty Moore hearty meals canned beef stew soup while I was shopping in Sam’s Club
  • It came in a case of about maybe twelve or more, and I decided to make a spontaneous purchase without ever tasting the soup before
  • When I took my first bite of the soup I thought it was completely nasty
  • Unfortunately, Dinty Moore missed the mark which is surprising because it comes from Hormel Foods which makes the best chili

• by C.Channing

Beef stew is one of my favorite stews to make because you can never have enough and it always fills me up. Sometimes, I have my lazy days and I’ll skip over making it from scratch and settle for a good can soup version.

I found Dinty Moore hearty meals canned beef stew soup while I was shopping in Sam’s Club. It came in a case of about maybe twelve or

more, and I decided to make a spontaneous purchase without ever tasting the soup before.

Like any packaged food the soup didn’t really look appetizing when I poured it in a bowl to heat up in the microwave, but it looked a little better after it was heat up. There are plenty of potato chunks and sliced carrots in the soup and only a few bits and pieces of beef.

When I took my first bite of the soup I thought it was completely nasty. Everything tasted bland and flavorless. In order to bring flavor to it I had to add salt which made a world of difference. Without salt it’s not worth eating.

One of the pros of the canned soup is that the can comes with a pull table so you don’t have to worry about pulling out a can ...

• Dinty Moore Hearty Meals Canned Beef Stew Soup
      opener. The con is the lack of taste at first. For a soup to be great it has to be seasoned no matter how healthy you want it to be.

Overall, I would not purchase this brand of soup again. The appearance of the soup is not all that appetizing and the lack of flavor was a major disappointment. As a consumer of canned foods, I expect the food to taste

just as good as if I had made it myself. I never assume I have to season the food because it should have been done already. Unfortunately, Dinty Moore missed the mark which is surprising because it comes from Hormel Foods which makes the best chili. A complete disappointment and I would advise anyone to skip over this purchase because the photo on the can is not what you’re getting.

Kim Miller says :

I love Dinty Moore Beef Stew but have not tried the Hearty Meals. Is this a lighter version of the original beef stew or the same thing in a new packaging?

Chrystal says :

I think the Hearty Meals taste a bit different. But I would say that they were the same thing (smaller potion) in a different package that is microwaveable. The Hearty Meals also have different flavors available from the stews, so there is a bit more variety.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2711031604430931/k2311a0311/3.11.13