Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare book  » Books  »
  • I wasn’t sure whether I was going to like this book as much as I did the Clockwork Angel but a little bit further into the story it definitely got a lot better
  • Something that I love about this book is the setting
  • I would recommend Clockwork Prince to fantasy and paranormal romance readers and probably to teenagers and up

• by livvvy75

Clockwork Prince is the sequel to the Clockwork Angel, which are part of the Infernal Devices series. The Infernal Devices is a prequel series to the Mortal Instruments series. The Clockwork Prince follows Tessa Gray, a Downworlder, as she lives in the Institute with the Shadow Hunters, during Victorian England. Jem’s time is running short and Tessa and the other Shadow Hunters still haven’t found a cure. Jessamine has started to disappear at night and no one knows where she goes. To make matters worse,

Benedict Lightwood and the other Shadow Hunters have given Charlotte the nearly impossible task of finding the Magister in just two short weeks, if she does not succeed then the Institute will fall into Benedict Lightwood’s hands. Tessa is finding herself being drawn towards both Will and Jem.

When I first started reading this book, I have to admit that I wasn’t immediately wrapped up in the plot of the story. The pacing started out a bit slow and I was just not drawn in. I wasn’t sure whether I was going to like this book as much as I did the Clockwork Angel but a little bit further into the story it definitely got a lot better. In fact, I actually ended up liking Clockwork Prince better than the first one. After the pacing picked up and more problems were introduced the book was great.

Tessa is a great protagonist, she is easy to imagine and has a lot of personality. She also has unique abilities that I haven’t ...

• Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare book
      read about before, so that is something that enhances the story. The Clockwork Angel was more about Will but in this book we get to increase our knowledge of Jem. I can safely say at the end of this book, I still have absolutely no idea who Tessa is going to pick.

Something that I love about this book is the setting. Victorian London filled with Shadow Hunters and Downworlders is not something that I have read about before. The descriptions of the setting are so

vivid and easy to picture. This book was a lot more unpredictable than the Clockwork Angel. I definitely did not predict the ending.

It is difficult to think of any issues that I had with the Clockwork Prince. I did not really have any, except for the first section being a bit slow. Even then it didn’t really affect me that much.

I would recommend Clockwork Prince to fantasy and paranormal romance readers and probably to teenagers and up. This book is great and I highly recommend the series.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 178031604290931/k2311a038/3.8.13