Standing on the Shoulder of Giants, 2000 Album by Oasis  » Music  »
  • I disagree with the description of this album as a bad one
  • I think that bad things started happening for Oasis only afterwards
  • And this album, is in fact rather interesting
  • I love some of the melodies on this album
  • I like the song Sunday Morning Call as well

• by mcguard85

Some people say that Standing on the Shoulder of Giants is the first bad album by Oasis, while others say that it is their second bad album. But I disagree with both such statements. I disagree with the description of this album as a bad one. I think that bad things started happening for Oasis only afterwards.

And this album, is in fact rather interesting. I think that the albums that followed this one, in 2002, 2005, in particular are really poor, with some seriously messed up and low

quality songs. Whereas this album is rather good though.

The arrangements are very interesting for Oasis. The bands arrangements were never as interesting either before or after this record. This is primarily due to the very large amount of electronic arrangement elements.

There are beats, samples, sound effects. And these elements are incorporated into the rock band’s sound pretty well. I love some of the melodies on this album.

The opening track is quite an interesting instrumental piece. It has a very memorable guitar riff and a cool beat. It is an electronic track with a sampled guitar riff.

It is not typical for Oasis at all, and yet it sounds really cool. I love the songs Go Let it Out, Who Feels Love, Gas Panic, Where Did It All Go Wrong, Sunday Morning Call and Let’s All Make Believe. I think that all of these songs are pretty special and have considerable merits.

I am particularly in love with Let’s All Make Believe. This track is actually a bonus track from a B-side, but it is so ...

• Standing on the Shoulder of Giants, 2000 Album by Oasis
      good it should have been included in the main track listing. The song has a very serious melody in fact.

It sounds very wide and substantial. And the lyrics are very meaningful in a cryptic kind of a way, with such phrases like Let’s all make believe the whole world will feed our brother, The God I’ve never seen but I crucify etc. The words make sense to me even though they might appear nonsensical at first.

I like the song Sunday Morning Call as well. I played it

for a very long time on my guitar, and it has a strong melody as well. The verse is restrained but pleasant, but the chorus is really nice and explosive, with numerous great vocal transitions.

I think that this album is quite good. I would probably rate it as seven out of ten, because overall there is not that much content here, and some of the tracks are a bit repetitive. But I think that on this album Oasis still did a rather good job, creating an interesting new sound and presenting the fans with rather strong melodies.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 148031604250831/k2311a038/3.8.13