Le Creuset Heritage Stoneware 7 piece set
  • The cookware and pretty heavy and sturdy which I love because stews and pot roast tend the cook the best in those types of pots
  • They are sturdy and sound which is what I need for my stews and casseroles, and I like how there are more than enough pots to use for things like desserts and side dishes

• by C.Channing

No matter what time of the year it is, I always love to prepare comfort foods. My particular favorites are casseroles, stews and soups. I wanted a pot set that would be heavy like a dutch oven and would be oven safe.

The Le Cresuset Heritage stoneware 7 piece set is exactly what I’ve been looking for in terms of sturdiness and ability to slow cook a lot of my comfort food recipes. The only two colors that the set comes in

are pink and cherry. However, I wish they offered more colors such as blue or black. The type of colors that if you chip the cookware it won’t be as noticeable as it is with lighter colors. The good side to having the red and pink color options that they look great for holidays such as Memorial Day or July 4.

The cookware and pretty heavy and sturdy which I love because stews and pot roast tend the cook the best in those types of pots. The downside to the pots being heavy is that I can’t allow my son in the kitchen for fear he may accidentally knock a pot off the stove and hurt himself.

I’ve just gotten comfortable with placing pots on the dinner table because I’m so used to the mindset they belong in the kitchen. However, Because the pots I ordered are red and big they actually look great at the table, not to mention if anyone wants seconds ...

• Le Creuset Heritage Stoneware 7 piece set
      I don’t have to run back in the kitchen. It adds a nice presence to the rest of the table decor.

These pots are not cheap and I probably could went elsewhere such as Wal-Mart or Target for similar pots, but I wanted pots that I knew would last and could handle the amount of wear and tear I would be placing on them with my frequent cooking. I love the red color I purchased although I wish they offered more colors

because they would have made perfect gifts for my mom and grandmother in their favorite colors. They are sturdy and sound which is what I need for my stews and casseroles, and I like how there are more than enough pots to use for things like desserts and side dishes. It was an investment for me to purchase these pots, and I really enjoy cooking with them because it limits the number of pots I need in my kitchen. Less pots means more space.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 538031604190831/k2311a038/3.8.13