Frieling Layer Cake Slicing 3 Piece Kit  » Housewares  »
  • I love baking pastries, breads, pies, cakes, cookies, etc. Whatever sweet I can create with my oven I will
  • I learned the hard way that the cakes I cut have to be exactly 8 inches because I ended up destroying the sides of my cake
  • I’m still a work in progress and continue to practice, and I think it won’t be long before I can cut cakes with the aid of the slicing kit

• by C.Channing

I love to bake! I don’t know what it is, but every since I became a mother I have found a passion for baking. I love baking pastries, breads, pies, cakes, cookies, etc. Whatever sweet I can create with my oven I will.

I recently have been getting into learning how to make cakes like a professional baker, and one of my main issues is cutting my cakes straight. My cuts are either noticeably uneven or just plain butchered.

So I was searching for a cutting guide when I came across frieling layer cake slicing 3 piece kit.

The frieling layer cake slicing 3 piece kit comes with a plate for the cake to sit on, a serrated knife, and the cake form which fits around the cake. The cake form only fits around 8 inch cakes which aren’t bad; however, I wish the frieling company also created a cake form for square cakes so I could learn how to properly cut those too.

The kit also comes with a serrated knife which I was really grateful for because my current serrated knife is on its last leg, and I was in desperate need of a new one.

The cake form has about 5 to 8 slots in which I can cut through with the knife, which allows me to cut really small layers of cake. Almost like sheet cakes which aren’t bad because I get to be ...

• Frieling Layer Cake Slicing 3 Piece Kit
      creative with my fillings and frostings. I usually wait until the cake has cooled and then place it on the plate to keep it steady, and then I place the cake form around the cake. I learned the hard way that the cakes I cut have to be exactly 8 inches because I ended up destroying the sides of my cake. I was, however, able to selvage the cake with frosting.

I’m glad I purchased this cake slicing kit

because my cake slicing skills have become much better. The cake form allows me to slice through the cake with perfect precision. I’m still a work in progress and continue to practice, and I think it won’t be long before I can cut cakes with the aid of the slicing kit. Chefs Catalog sells it for $59, but I heard other places also sell the kit. However, I’m not sure how competitive the other retailers are as far as prices are concerned.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 538031604170831/k2311a038/3.8.13