Pina Colada Recipe
  • I think I paid around five dollars or more, and it came in a huge glass with an umbrella
  • The thing I found so captivating about the drink was the color
  • My guests love it because it’s not heavy with alcohol, and I love it because it is so sweet and I love the aroma and taste of the coconut
  • The best part about this drink is you can either serve it to guests or you can enjoy a glass all by yourself

• by C.Channing

The first time I had ever tasted a pina colada was when I was in college at this Caribbean club. It seems like every college city has a Caribbean club.

I think I paid around five dollars or more, and it came in a huge glass with an umbrella. The thing I found so captivating about the drink was the

color. It is a soft, snow white type of color and the aroma is so inviting and just pulls you in.

Even though there is rum in the drink, all I really ended up tasting was the coconut and there was a lot of it, but enough to make me grow tired of it.

I’m not really a coconut fan unless it’s fresh so I was surprised at how drawn I was to this drink because I think I had quite a few that night, and I even took the glass out of the bar as a souvenir.

I have to admit I’m one of those people that have a Hawaiian night at least once per year, and this drink is a ...

• Pina Colada Recipe
      repeated guest on the menu. My guests love it because it’s not heavy with alcohol, and I love it because it is so sweet and I love the aroma and taste of the coconut.

Here’s the recipe to make your own pina coladas at home. The best part about this drink is you can either serve it to guests or you

can enjoy a glass all by yourself. Either way, it’s a drink that will never get old.

Ingredients: 1 1/2 ounce light rum 1 ounce cream of coconut 2 ounces of canned pineapple chunks 2 ounces pineapple juice splash of cream

Directions: 1. In blender, combine light rum, cream of coconut, canned pineapple chunks, cream and 3 ounces crushed ice

2. Blend until smooth

3. Pour into large glass.

4. Garnish with cherry or pineapple slice

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 498031604150831/k2311a038/3.8.13