Revlon PhotoReady Primer and Shadow  » Cosmetics  »
  • I love a good purple shadow so I decided to buy one for myself and try it out
  • Personally, I prefer lotion type primers because it just goes on the eye much cleaner
  • I like the outline of the eye on the lid which again will make it easier for someone who is using eye shadows for the first time
  • Next to the primer is the brow highlighter which I found was okay
  • I took a few pictures with the shadow on to see how it came out and I thought they came out normal

• by C.Channing

Every since I’ve seen the Revlon commercial featuring Halle Berry wearing the photoready primer and shadow, I’ve been curious to try it. It’s a new step in eye wear considering a primer is now included in the compact, and it can be applied dry or wet.

The thing that made me drawn to the photoready shadow was how pronounced the colors were on Halle Berry’s eyes. I loved the highlight at the inner part of her eye and how well the purple color stood out. I love a good purple shadow

so I decided to buy one for myself and try it out.

The primer included in the compact was one I’m not used to. Personally, I prefer lotion type primers because it just goes on the eye much cleaner. The primer in the compact was a powder one and I can honestly say it was okay to use because for me I felt as if the addition of the shadows was too heavy for me. I prefer my Mary Kay primer and that’s what I’m going to stick to when using the photoready shadows.

I like the outline of the eye on the lid which again will make it easier for someone who is using eye shadows for the first time. Next to the primer is the brow highlighter which I found was okay. I had to really blend it in to prevent my brow bone from looking like a ghost. There are just some brow bone highlighters that are too light for my complexion and this was one of them. I did, however, find quite a few other colors that I ...

• Revlon PhotoReady Primer and Shadow
      purchased and ended up liking.

Something to consider about this shadow is how well it takes to water. Some shadows you can dip a wet brush in to make the colors more pronounced and some you can’t. I like that this one was specifically designed to take water if I wanted to apply that technique to my eyes. Wetting the shadow brush and then sliding it on the shadow makes the colors more vibrant, and it lasts long if you use a good primer.

I took a few pictures with the shadow

on to see how it came out and I thought they came out normal. I don’t really think my eyes came out any better or worse if I had applied another brand of eye wear.

The Revlon PhotoReady Primer and Shadow worked nicely on my eyes. I like how vibrant and pronounced the colors were with or without water, but I’m going to stick to my lotion primer because powder primers and myself don’t get along. Again, this collection is filled with cool tones if you’re into those types of colors.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317031604040931/k2311a037/3.7.13