Nintendo 3DS Game  » Games  »
  • The buttons took some getting used to, but once both my son and I learned how to work them we became masters at just about every game we played
  • He loves racing so I bought him a bunch of car games, and the one he plays nonstop is Mario Kart 7
  • I think if you’re a parent comfortable with buying the Nintendo 3DS for your child then I say go ahead

• by C.Channing

If you’re someone who has children and travel with them, then you know how hard it is to keep them entertained especially on road trips. I kept hearing suggestions about buying my son a handheld game and not the educational ones, but the ones I could buy hundreds of games to keep him busy such as the Nintendo 3DS.

The Nintendo 3DS in a step up from the original in terms of there is a side control that allows you to play the game in 3D. Personally when I was testing the game out the 3D was killing my eyes and I already wear glasses.

However, my boyfriend thought it would be a great gift for a boy and it would keep him busy.

The game is about the size of a decent palm pilot, and there are two screens: the top which usually shows the game in motion and the bottom which gives you information about the game, your progress or your character.

The bottom screen is used most when handling the games because it displays everything already programmed into the game.

A neat thing about the game is that it comes with a stylist that has a secret holding spot on the Nintendo. At first it was hard for me to locate because the particular game I purchased one was included. Therefore, I had to go back and read the manual just to find that it was in front of my face all along.

Another nice thing about the game is that my son was allowed to create his own avatar and profile, so he would have a presence in the game world when he came across other players who are connected to wi-fi.

The game is part computer and part camera. My son loves taking hundreds of pictures. One day he took a whole bunch of pictures of nothing—I mean absolutely nothing but walls, and ...

• Nintendo 3DS Game
      it took me hours to delete them because he figured out how to create folders for them. It is also setup like a computer because he can access the internet and has a special slot for a card that saves all the memory from the game and online.

The buttons took some getting used to, but once both my son and I learned how to work them we became masters at just about every game we played. He loves racing so I bought him a bunch of car games, and the one he plays nonstop is Mario Kart 7.

I think if you’re a parent

comfortable with buying the Nintendo 3DS for your child then I say go ahead. Not only does it keep their attention, but you may also find yourself playing a game or two. The game is advanced that it is both a computer and a handheld game. There is so much to master and it is quickly picked up either by reading the manual or playing around with it. There are so many activities your child can do besides playing games and it helps them with their technology skills. Prices will vary so I would suggest shopping around or go to Toys R Us because they have layaway.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 287031604010931/k2311a037/3.7.13