Nostalgia Electrics RHD 800 Retro Series Hot Dog Roller  » Housewares  »
  • In the past month alone, I think I’ve spent almost thirty dollars at Kangaroo because I’m obsessed with their hotdogs
  • Currently I have a Nostalgia hotdog toaster, but not the roller I found out they sold
  • The hotdog roller was definitely a throwback to previous decades, not to mention the color scheme was similar to my hotdog toaster
  • It came through FedEx which I was happy about because I didn’t have to sit around waiting all day unlike with other carriers
  • However, I would highly suggest doing price checks for this product because I paid fifteen dollars more than I should have

• by C.Channing

In the past month alone, I think I’ve spent almost thirty dollars at Kangaroo because I’m obsessed with their hotdogs. There are some days when I don’t even need gas, but I find myself strolling through the doors just the same for my hotdog fix.

I don’t know what it is about their hotdogs, and yet I find myself being pulled towards them because of how plum, round and juicy they are. They taste even better with each bite being consumed with juices bursting through.

My mom knows of my obsession and said if I wanted the emulate Kangaroo’s hotdogs I should think about ordering my own hotdog roller. Currently I have a Nostalgia hotdog toaster, but not the roller I found out

they sold. Nostalgia is good for selling old-fashioned items that is hard to find in stores which is why I checked with them first.

I knew Finger Hut was the place to find those hard to find items because they are notorious for those things. I was surfing their website when I came across a hotdog roller my mom had mention was similar to what Kangaroo has for their hotdogs.

The hotdog roller was definitely a throwback to previous decades, not to mention the color scheme was similar to my hotdog toaster. I placed my order which cost me $69. Later I found out that there were other retailers selling the same hotdog roller at lower prices. Next time I will price check.

The hotdog roller came rather quickly—about three to four days after I placed the order. It came through FedEx which I was happy about because I didn’t have to sit around waiting all day unlike with other carriers.

The thing I disliked most about the hotdog roller was the inappropriate place the directions were stashed. The top part of the hotdog roller is the bun holder and the directions were in there. It took me almost forty minutes to find the directions because there was no note in the box stating the directions could be found in the most unlikely of places. The assembly was rather easy, and even though the white poles which held the bun holder to the base of the ...

• Nostalgia Electrics RHD 800 Retro Series Hot Dog Roller
      hotdog roller appeared to be a little weak, it was able to hold steady when I began cooking the hotdogs.

There are two buttons: one to power the rollers and one for heat control. The power plug is essential to using it, but the buttons are how you start the cooking process. Once I placed the hotdogs on the rollers and powered it on, it immediately began rolling and cooking. I cooked the hotdogs for about ten minutes, and yes they had that perfect convenient store hotdog taste. I ended up eating three before calling it quits.

Another thing I dislike about the hotdog roller is that bun holder. It has vents to the bottom so that the heat from the hotdogs will

keep them warm. However, once I powered off the roller the buns got cold and hard. I was so mad because I wasted quite a few buns. So I learned if I wanted hot buns I would either put them in the microwave or in the toaster, but I would never use the bun holder part of the roller again.

Overall, if your addiction to convenient store hotdogs is as bad as mine, you should consider buying the Nostalgia hotdog roller. It’s easy to assemble and works well, except when it comes to keeping the hotdog buns hot. Other than that I had no complaints. However, I would highly suggest doing price checks for this product because I paid fifteen dollars more than I should have.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 536031603960931/k2311a036/3.6.13