Hollandise Sauce Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • However, when I took my first bite it didn’t have a yolky taste that I was expecting
  • Making hollandaise sauce may seem like an easy thing to do, but you have to make sure the sauce doesn’t break or overcook

• by C.Channing

I never tasted hollandaise sauce until I ordered eggs benedict. It was my way of expanding my tastes in food.

When my plate arrived to my table the sauce looked good, but I wasn’t sure what to make of it since it was made from uncooked eggs yolks. However, when I took my first bite it didn’t have a yolky taste that I was expecting. Instead it tastes like a rich creamy butter.

In my cooking class we actually had

to prepare the original version of eggs benedict, and then our teacher let us create our own dishes using hollandaise sauce that wasn’t confined solely to eggs benedict or any other breakfast items.

Making hollandaise sauce may seem like an easy thing to do, but you have to make sure the sauce doesn’t break or overcook.

Here is the hollandaise recipe.

Ingredients: Two egg yolks 1 tbsp of water 1 tbsp of lemon juice 1/2 stick of butter melted

Directions: 1.

• Place a medium size pot on the stove over medium heat. Place a stainless steel bowl over the water as if you’re melting chocolate. Make sure the bottom of the stainless steel doesn’t come in contact with the water/

2. Crack both eggs and separate the yolks from the whites by placing them in a bowl.

3. Add a tablespoon of water to the yolks and mix until white and foam for about two minutes by hand.

4. Place the yolks

and water mixture into the stainless steel bowl over the medium water, and stir for about two to three minutes until you see a smooth consistency. Make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water because you will begin to cook the eggs.

5. Take the yolks mixture off the heat and add in the tablespoon of lemon juice.

6. While continuing to mix the sauce, slowly add in the butter and mix well. After mixing in the butter you should be left with a creamy hollandaise sauce.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 495031603830931/k2311a035/3.5.13