Nokia Lumia Windows Phone
  • Drag and drop to arrange Live Tiles in the order that makes them most convenient for you
  • Your favorite social hubs such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Windows Live, and LinkedIn integrated throughout the phone keeping you up to date and in contact with your people
  • I love having everything previewed right on a Live Tile for me
  • The ability to link to your Xbox Live account makes for a great mobile gaming experience
  • It is possible that the affected users actually have an issue with their service, however, it is definitely something to bear in mind when considering this phone

• by Samantha Payne

If you are looking for a new mobile phone you have probably researched everything from Android to Blackberry. There certainly are many types of phones and devices to choose from in today’s market, it’s hard to know what device will be right for you. Depending on what your needs are, the Nokia Lumia Windows Phone might be the device you have searched for. Having owned a Lumia for quite awhile, I can tell you that I really enjoy this phone. Below are some of the finer, and less finer, points of owning a Lumia to aid you in your quest for knowledge.

Five reasons to love the Nokia Lumia:

1.Live Tiles. These large, square icons are easy to see, easy to use and easy to arrange. Called

Live Tiles because they automatically update you with information from your email, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Windows 8 users will be familiar with the Live Tile design.

2. Ease of use. The Lumia interface is sharp, clean and easy to personalize. Simply hold your finger down on items to add or remove a Live Tile on your front page. Drag and drop to arrange Live Tiles in the order that makes them most convenient for you. The screen is bright, clear and large enough to see easily for everything from standard dialing, to movie watching and game play. The keyboard letters are slightly larger and easier to use meaning less ‘fumble fingering’ of the keyboard. This is the one smart phone I’ve not had to outsmart to use.

3. It’s a social phone. Your favorite social hubs such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Windows Live, and LinkedIn integrated throughout the phone keeping you up to date and in contact with your people. For picture sharing you can use Sky Drive, Cloud, email, message, or simply upload your pictures straight to Facebook. I love having everything previewed right on a Live Tile for me.

4. Microsoft Office. Microsoft Office is on board with Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel. It is quite easy to use and share with the people back at the office or home. Very nice for people who take their work home or for business trips.

5. Xbox Live. As an avid gamer this is my favorite feature of this phone. The ability to link ...

• Nokia Lumia Windows Phone
      to your Xbox Live account makes for a great mobile gaming experience.. You can download and play multitudes of games from Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja, to Assassin’s Creed, Final Fantasy, Need for Speed, and many more. The graphics on this phone are fantastic and the games play smooth, just as they should. There is also an app that allows your Nokia Lumia to communicate directly with your Xbox 360.

The two main reasons you may not love the Nokia Lumia:

1. Battery life. Some users have problems with the battery life as certain ongoing activities are more resource intensive and they will drain the battery faster than others. This is something I can attest to, but, it really depends on what you’re doing. Keeping a charger

on hand, such as the wireless charger offered by Nokia, is essential. I just keep one in my car.

2. Call clarity and/or loudness. While most users do not seem to have this problem, there are reports that this phone’s call loudness and clarity is not up to par with other phones. Personally, I have not experienced this issue. It is possible that the affected users actually have an issue with their service, however, it is definitely something to bear in mind when considering this phone.

All mobile phones have pros and cons, and many are a great source of entertainment. In the end it all boils down to what you need and desire from your mobile device. Hopefully, you are now one step closer to making a well-informed decision.

lencho says :

roughly how long does the battery last on an average daily usage on things like fb and emails

Yesaya Jnr Nkhwazi says :

I’ve had the Nokia Lumia, and when I was running my fb, emails, and What’s App. And from morning when I take it off the charger,which is around 7am - my phone will start showing battery low when it hits 1pm. So I constantly carry my charger with me everywhere I go, and I try to keep my phone use to a minimum if I’m not in a position where I can charge. It’s a good phone, just the battery issue - you have to be prepared to always carry a charger if you want this phone.

Adityaa says :

Usually in Nokia cellphones the battery power does not last more than 4 or 5 hours if we browse internet. It is a curse of Nokia batteries. Lumia models are not an exception.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 374031603540331/k2311a034/3.4.13