Avon Ideal Shade Custom Shade Foundation Lotion
  • I thought the name of the product alone was interesting enough to make me try it because if it worked as well as it was advertised in the book, I would use it on my lazy makeup days instead of using my foundation brush to blend it in
  • I love the fact it felt exactly like lotion, but had the feel of a really great moisturizer because it was so smooth on my face
  • I thought the product is great for beginners who are using foundation for the first time, without worrying about dealing with a foundation brush and making sure it was blended properly
  • I like the SPF 15 protection, and how it made me quicker to put on my makeup especially on my lazy days

• by C.Channing

Avon Ideal shade custom shade foundation lotion is an old purchase I made some time back. I thought the name of the product alone was interesting enough to make me try it because if it worked as well as it was advertised in the book, I would use it on my lazy makeup days instead of using my foundation brush to blend it in.

The product comes in a small bottle lotion like one you would purchase for traveling. Unlike other foundations I didn’t have to match my complexion to the lotion because it would recognize my complexion and blend in normally.

many of Avon’s foundations, this one also has a SPF 15 included for those who want to protect their skin from exposure to the sun.

All I had to do was pour a small amount of the lotion on my finger tips and rub on my face as if I was applying moisturizer. I love the fact it felt exactly like lotion, but had the feel of a really great moisturizer because it was so smooth on my face. Also, the lotion blends really quickly so I didn’t have to worry about needing a special foundation brush or whether there would ...

• be blotches of foundation on my face.

Although I’m getting down to my last few drops of lotion, I mainly use this foundation when I’m being lazy or running late. It doesn’t take as much time as my other liquid foundation and the rest of the makeup takes to it very well. I also use it as a primer on my eyes when I don’t feel like searching for my Mary Kay primer.

I love using this product, unfortunately like all of Avon’s top selling items it was discontinued. Why? I have no idea but I was sad to find out about it.

I thought the product is great for beginners who are using foundation for the first time, without worrying about dealing with a foundation brush and making sure it was blended properly. Even though it is foundation it applies just like lotion, and is quickly absorbed into the skin with blotching. I like the SPF 15 protection, and how it made me quicker to put on my makeup especially on my lazy days. It was a really great product and it sucks that it was discontinued. However, Avon has a MagiX product similar to this one with a variety of skin tones to choose from.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311031603350731/k2311a031/3.1.13