This is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About 1996 Album by Modest Mouse  » Music  »
  • I highly recommend this album to all people who are into Indie music or alternative rock music
  • In the first place, I like music from the 1990s, 1990s is my favorite decade ever, and this album has the unmistakable footprint of that decade
  • I think that this album is very good, period
  • What do I love about the sound of this record

• by mcguard85

I highly recommend this album to all people who are into Indie music or alternative rock music. There are several factors determining why my heart is so warm to this music. In the first place, I like music from the 1990s, 1990s is my favorite decade ever, and this album has the unmistakable footprint of that decade. It is of course evident in the sound, and it is also evident in the lyrics and the topics to be encountered here. Then, I also happened to get acquainted with and got into this album at a rather significant period of my life.

But it is not only

about my tastes and circumstanced. I think that this album is very good, period. What do I love about the sound of this record? In the first place, the way in which this sound is so unique. The first thing you will note is the sound of the guitar.

The guitars that Modest Mouse use have a very special tuning. The sound that comes out of these guitars is so easy to recognize and so easy to like. It stands out. The sound is very characteristic.

And it simply sounds very pleasant. I fell in love with the guitar sound straight away. But it is not only about the guitars though. The way the guitars, the bass and the drums combine is very good.

It is really remarkable how it feels that all the instruments belong together. You start listening to a song from this album, and you are amazed at how complete the sound seems to be, how rich the melodic texture of the song is. You then begin to forget that this whole sound is created solely by three guys. There are only three instruments most of the time, and yet the sound feels so complete.

It is remarkable. This is the debut album by Modest Mouse, and it is clear how ...

• This is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About 1996 Album by Modest Mouse
      talented these guys really are right from the beginning. They have a chemistry like no other three-piece band. Why are the songs themselves so great? This album, with the rather memorable yet long-winded title, has great songs because these songs combine very strong, very successful and emotional melodies with equally heart-tearing lyrics.

Each song feels like it is coming from the heart. I should probably warn you that the songs are mostly sad, quite sad, but they express this mood in such a pure and intimate way that it might actually make you cry and help you release your emotions. There is either frustration, despair or aggression

on this album, but it is evident that these guys are not putting it on. I felt like the artists themselves lived through things, and then simply shared their experiences in the form of songs.

I would like to particularly not the song called She Ionizes and Atomizes. This song is so original, it sounds so emotional. There is such genuine and powerful vocal delivery, and the guitars here are howling like wolves, and this music goes right through. I really wish Modest Mouse would re-record this album again and release it with new sound.

And then maybe this music will be accessible to more people. Because I think that this album is their very best.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1426021603100828/k2311a0226/2.26.13