Omron HEM 7111 Upper Arm BP Monitor  » Health  »
1.5
  • Being a patient of high blood pressure, I decided to buy a home based BP monitor to easily keep track of my health
  • After doing necessary research, I bought this BP monitor around five months ago
  • I had bought it for $ 25 and I think the entire money is wasted
  • Another good thing I have noticed with this machine is the battery life
  • On the whole, this blood pressure monitor device has disappointed me and I am not in a position to recommend it

• by Samir

Being a patient of high blood pressure, I decided to buy a home based BP monitor to easily keep track of my health. After doing necessary research, I bought this BP monitor around five months ago. As things stand out, it turned out to be a very bad investment. I had bought it for $ 25 and I think

the entire money is wasted.

Initially, it worked perfectly as far as pulse measurement is concerned. But, just after one week I started to notice unexpected fluctuations. In fact, at one occasion I was taken aback with the level of my BP and had to visit a doctor. A checkup through sphygmomanometer shows the wrong projection of this machine. Since then the machine is giving unreliable values – some times very high pulse rate and sometimes quite low. It seldom reflects the true condition of my blood pressure.

I have gone to the extent of contacting the company and doing everything given in the Users’ Manual, but the result remain the same. The product comes with one year warranty.

• Omron HEM 7111 Upper Arm BP Monitor
      I can’t understand the use of the warranty when it is not showing the correct result. I am no more using this machine.

I must say here that the machine is quite user-friendly. Even a novice person can use it easily. The reading is shown instantly. Had the output been reliable and correct, I would have emphatically recommended this product

to anyone.

Another good thing I have noticed with this machine is the battery life. I am not required to change or recharge the battery ever since I started to use. However, one thing that surprised me was the lack of battery charger.

On the whole, this blood pressure monitor device has disappointed me and I am not in a position to recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3425021603051028/k2311a0225/2.25.13