Ulta Cosmetics and Beauty Store
6843 West Newberry Road, Gainesville, FL 32605
  • I made a note to remind myself to stop by once the store was up and running since I had a growing curiosity to know exactly what products it sold and whether it could compete with some of my favorite cosmetic retailers
  • One of the things I love about the store is there is always a sales associate nearby for basic product questions, assistance with checkout, and they help with matching your complexion to the correct makeup and skin products
  • Although the store has a mix of high and low end brands, the store itself carries a lot of high end products which may not be the best place to shop for someone who is on a budget especially if you can get the same product somewhere else for half the price
  • Another thing I like about Ulta is the products I purchase are always in stock

• by C.Channing

I had never heard of Ulta until I was shopping in Ocala and walked past the store which appeared to sale beauty products and cosmetics. It wasn’t until I saw a sign in a vacant store in a popular Gainesville shopping center that read: Ulta coming soon! I made a note to remind myself to stop by once the store was up and running since I had a growing curiosity to know exactly what products it sold and whether it could compete with some of my favorite cosmetic retailers.

When the opening day finally arrived I waited a couple of days for the hysteria of the new cosmetics store to die down. However, when I did make my way over there I was amazed at the amount of

beauty products and cosmetics they carried, and the many brand names which includes both high and low end from Chanel, Urban Decay, Bare Minerals and many more. The products carried range from lipsticks, eyeliners, eye shadows, powders, foundations, makeup applicators and many facial products.

One of the things I love about the store is there is always a sales associate nearby for basic product questions, assistance with checkout, and they help with matching your complexion to the correct makeup and skin products. At the time I was pretty new to makeup and wanted to know what complexion I was before I just randomly started purchasing products. The sales associate who assisted me was both friendly and knowledgeable about skin and products that would do my face justice.

I didn’t make ...

• a purchase that day, but I did return the following day to purchase all the products the sales associate had used on my face.

The store has a beautiful floor plan which is well organized, and easy to locate your favorite brand or a particular product. Although the store has a mix of high and low end brands, the store itself carries a lot of high end products which may not be the best place to shop for someone who is on a budget especially if you can get the same product somewhere else for half the price. However, if you know for a fact that you can’t find the makeup you’re looking for elsewhere, then I would highly suggest making the sacrifice to splurge a little.

Another thing

I like about Ulta is the products I purchase are always in stock. Sometimes I may purchase cosmetic products only to find out that the brand has discontinued a particular item I fell in love with. That’s not the case with this store. I always end up finding the products I love to use or end up discovering new ones to experiment with. Also, though the prices may be quite startling to some, the products work well and last a pretty long time if you know how to make your cosmetics last.

Located just off Newberry Road, traffic in the area can become quite congested due to it being adjacent to the Oaks Mall, the interstate, and other shopping centers. However, it does have adequate parking to satisfy their customers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2425021602981028/k2311a0225/2.25.13