Rachel Ray Nutrish Just 6 Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Dog Food
  • I decided to switch up my dog's food for something a bit more nutritious only to find that the new Rachel Ray Just 6 dog food was on sale
  • Having tried her other brand of dog food before (and being impressed) I decided to give it a try
  • Just 6 is definitely more expensive than some of the other brands I've bought in the past ($18 for a 14lb bag,) including Rachel Ray's other brand of dog food
  • It's a bit expensive for me to buy all the time, but I like to buy a few bags when I can afford it to switch it up and to give my dogs something a little healthier
  • I'd definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a more affordable, healthy dog food

• by Melanie Noell

I decided to switch up my dog’s food for something a bit more nutritious only to find that the new Rachel Ray Just 6 dog food was on sale. Having tried her other brand of dog food before (and being impressed) I decided to give it a try. I am really happy that I did.

Rachel Ray’s Nutrish dog food seems to be a fairly nutritious option to start with, but the newer Just 6 product line boasts only 6 natural ingredients making up the dog food. Considering how much filler and junk I see on dog food labels, I was really interested in giving it a try.

Even when I buy some of the healthier foods, I am surprised to find that my dogs are resistant to eat them - I guess they don’t taste as good? I was really happy to find that when I opened the bag, my dogs came running, something they don’t normally do. I have to assume it smelled good, though I myself couldn’t smell much of anything. The first time I put the food down, they gobbled it up, which is a surprise for my little one who normally picks at his dog food. They continued to eat it up quite quickly all the way to the end
      of the bag, so I guess they really liked it!

Nutritionally, it’s great to see a product that uses whole natural ingredients and has the meat source listed high on the ingredients. Or even better, a dog food that has so few ingredients! I can’t necessarily decipher some of the crazy labels on dog food (what with all the percentages and everything) but it seems to be comparable to other healthy, nutritional dog foods like Blue Buffalo or Evo. And best of all, even when it’s not on sale, it’s not quite as expensive as the other “healthy” dry dog foods!

This product seems to be fairly readily available ...

• Rachel Ray Nutrish Just 6 Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Dog Food
      at places other than pet stores. I have found it both at Target and at one of the grocery stores in town (a larger chain,) which is nice to not have to make a separate trip to the pet store just for this dog food! I’ve really only seen it in the 14lb bag, which is a bit of a hassle if you have multiple dogs because it means you will be buying it more frequently than if you bought the larger bag. I would guess that a larger bag does exist, but perhaps it isn’t sold at the places I’ve checked it so far. Just 6 is definitely more expensive than some of the other brands I’ve bought in the past ($18 for a 14lb bag,) including Rachel Ray’s other brand of dog food; however, compared to other comparable “healthy” dog foods, Just 6 is a good value.

Overall, I really like this product. It’s a bit expensive for me to buy all the time, but I like to buy a few bags when I can afford it to switch it up and to give my dogs something a little healthier. My dogs love the taste and I like the ingredients. I’d definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a more affordable, healthy dog food.

Lexi says :

re : It’s a bit expensive for me to buy all the time, but I like to buy a few bags when I can afford it to switch it up and to give my dogs something a little healthier
I found this very useful Is there anything else I need to know about this product?

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi, I don’t know if this is considered useful or not, but I have found that it is more common in my local Kroger, Wal-Mart and Publix than other “specialty” dog foods and is often substantially cheaper than other dog foods of the same size. My dogs like it although I cant feed it to my mini daschund because it contains rice, but he does really like the gluten and rice free versions of the Rachel Ray dog food.

Also, I have found that the Rachel Ray dog food seems to leave my dogs’ coats’ shinier than other dog foods that I have tried (with the exception of the Purina Pro Plan varieties). However, my little dogs seem to especially love this because the pieces are a great size for small dogs and are softer than most other dry dog food brands so they are easier for my doggies to chew.

Hope this was helpful.

arda senbaklavaci says :

re : I’d definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a more affordable, healthy dog food
yes, healty foods are very important to your dog.

zuhaib says :

yeah that is so good in nature that is the well for the dogs . i think that is little expensiive but have the more quilties as compared to other foods .
that is best choice for Dog foods I think .

Nicole says :

re : I decided to switch up my dog’s food for something a bit more nutritious only to find that the new Rachel Ray Just 6 dog food was on sale
I don’t like to feed my dogs anything with meat by products or excessive added meat fats, grains, wheat, gluten or soy. I’m not crazy strict with what I feed them Blue Buffalo is way to expensive for me to feed two 90lb dogs and I just can’t cheap out and give them junk like pedigree. I usually feed them Natures Choice. When I saw the rachel Ray 6 I was interested because I’ve fed them limited ingredient diets before (both of my dogs have food allergies). I was impressed with the ingredients so I bought a small bag.
It was a decent price for the ingredient list and they also sell it at my major shopping place so I don’t have to make a seperate run to the pet food store.
My dogs hated it. Neither of them would eat it by itself, and when I mixed it with the food they had been eating before, they would only pick out their normal kibbles and leave the rachel ray food in the bowl, or scattered on the floor.
I guess I will be sticking with their normal food.

usha says :

hi sir i have a pomarine her name is princee and she is five year old she like to have mango papaya raw carrot beans but if we try feeding boiled egg and milk she starts vomiting please suggest us.

Patricia says :

Never feed your dog milk. The egg may be upsetting her tummy too just like humans and the fruit choice could also cause issues. You should try apples and watermelon. It is so good for them but cleans them out like us humans too. Beans may cause the sticks but shouldn’t hurt.

angie says :

I recently switched my puppy to just 6 because he was having stomach trouble with the other food. He kept getting diarrhea so I would would put him on rice and cottage cheese. In our small town we don’t have much variety so this was the only thing I could find with rice in it. All the puppies we have had in the past I have started with a lamb and rice food. His stool finely firmed up, So my question is today I noticed something in his stool, at first I thought worms. Then I thought I suppose the food has rice. So just wondering if anyone else has noticed this if not I need to take him in to the vet.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2922021602840728/k2311a0222/2.22.13