Skullcandy Supreme Sound Hesh 2.0 Headphones  » Electronics  »
  • In my opinion, the Skullcandy Supreme Sound Hesh 2.0 headphones deserve a rating of 7 out of 10
  • The price is definitely what attracted me to these headphones because it is very reasonable for something of this quality
  • I do not recommend them for the true music junkie
  • Therein lies my big problem with these headphones
  • I thought that they might snap if I took the headphones on or off too fast but after having these for about four months, I haven't had any issues with that

• by jreviews

In my opinion, the Skullcandy Supreme Sound Hesh 2.0 headphones deserve a rating of 7 out of 10. I am rating these headphones on the basis of sound quality, comfort, durability, style, and price point. Though they are good quality over-the-ear headphones that deliver a much richer sound than the cheaper ear buds that typically come with iPods and other mp3 players, these headphones are not on par with something like a pair of Sennheisers. The price is definitely what attracted me to these headphones because it is very reasonable for something of this quality. I shelled out much less than I would have for a pair of the uber-trendy Beats by Dr. Dre. That said, after listening to all different genres of music at various levels for several months, I can honestly say that these are only average headphones. I do not recommend them for the true music junkie. Here’s why:

The first thing that I have to talk about in a

review of headphones is sound quality. To be brief, the sound quality is good, but not great. It definitely brings out a bit more of the bass in songs, but it still doesn’t really do justice to those instrumental songs with a lot more dimension to them than just a heavy bass line. Therein lies my big problem with these headphones. If I just wanted to hear more bass in my music, I’d go into iTunes and adjust my preferences. I wouldn’t waste $60 on a pair of new headphones. What I’m looking for is what a brand like Sennheiser or Bose delivers. With those brands, you can truly feel the music. Every instrument sounds sharp and distinct. The bass isn’t too overpowering, but it’s there. Voice quality is crystal clear. That was not the case with these Skullcandy Supreme Sound Hesh headphones.

The thing that I hate most about these headphones is how they do not keep the sound contained. What I mean by that is that if I am listening to my music very loudly, anyone who is within five feet of me can also hear my music. That is not okay. This makes me very self-conscious about listening to my music through these headphones when I am on airplanes or anywhere in public. What’s the point of having awesome headphones that I can’t use in public? That’s half the reason I purchased them. Another thing to note is that they are also not noise cancelling head phones. You can still hear conversations going on around you (unless you max out the volume which is obviously detrimental to your hearing so I would not recommend this).

I paid $59.95 for this pair of headphones. That is definitely more reasonable than what I would have paid for something like Beats by Dr. Dre (which are also known to be all bass and nothing else) so I am definitely happy with the price. For over-the-ear headphones, this is ...

• Skullcandy Supreme Sound Hesh 2.0 Headphones
      a very good price so there are no complaints here.

I have to note that the “travel bag” that comes with this pair of headphones is completely worthless. It’s just a white, drawstring bag that would do nothing to actually protect the headphones in any situation where you drop them or bang them up against something. They might as well have just left the travel bag out of the box.

I do have to say that I love the style of the head phones. I purchased the Paul Frank variety which has the cute “Julius” icon on each side and though this makes for a stylish pair of headphones, it does nothing to distract me from the things that I do not like about the sound quality and the lack of noise containment.

The last thing I will say about these headphones is positive. It’s that the headphones are very comfortable. Some headphones will give me headaches if I wear them for more than an

hour or so, but these do not because they are large enough to fit over the ear without squeezing or pinching. They do not rub up against the temples. I will admit that I have a pretty large head and these have caused me no problems as far as fit is concerned. The only thing that initially scared me was the fact that the sides of the headphones are made out of plastic. I thought that they might snap if I took the headphones on or off too fast but after having these for about four months, I haven’t had any issues with that. I can tell that these are going to be very durable headphones.

As you can tell from my review, though durable, comfortable, and stylish, these headphones lose points as far as sound quality is concerned and unless you want to share your music with the world as you listen, you probably do not want to purchase a pair of these headphones.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1620021602780928/k2311a0220/2.20.13