Kawaii MP8 Professional Stage Piano  » Electronics  »
  • I am always proud to take it along with me when I perform, and each time I am genuinely impressed by the sound this piano provides
  • I haven't once had a technical problem with the piano, even after all the moving around
  • It is definitely a well-designed, high quality piano
  • Though there are many, many features, I think my absolute favorite is the feel of the piano
  • I would buy this piano again in a heartbeat, and I would recommend it to anyone who asked me about a quality digital piano

• by Trish

I have been the happy owner of a Kawaii MP8 Professional Stage Piano for over five years now, and I adore it! For years I have been doing quite a lot of composing, performing, and recording with this piano, and it has always done the job beautifully. I am always proud to take it along with me when I perform, and each time I am genuinely impressed by the sound this piano provides. Many of the digital pianos I have played SOUND like digital pianos…they have a fake, almost cheesy sound to them. But this has a gorgeous, rich piano sound that doesn’t sound fake or odd. It feels wonderful to play it!

This piano is surprisingly sturdy. It has been moved many, many times to and from gigs and whenever I have moved from my apartment. It weighs about

70 pounds, but it isn’t too difficult to move with two people carrying it. I haven’t once had a technical problem with the piano, even after all the moving around. It just continues to work perfectly! It is definitely a well-designed, high quality piano. Kawaii is definitely known for their quality pianos.

Though there are many, many features, I think my absolute favorite is the feel of the piano. It has 88 wooden keys that are, in my opinion, PERFECTLY weighted, and it feels like I am playing an ideal grand piano, but with better-sounding bass notes than most grands provide. The keys, though weighted, are easy to play and have the perfect amount of “bounce-back,” making it extremely fun to play faster pieces. I am just in love with the feel of this piano! I recently went to a local piano store, and I played every piano there. NONE of those pianos had a feel even close to what this Kawaii MP8 has. Even the Kawaii grand piano that I played doesn’t quite compare to it!

I will be honest in sharing that I am not as tech-savvy as I would like to be, and I am still wrapping my head around all the features of this piano. There are SO MANY options! There are 256 different sounds (varying instruments), including many different piano options. I love this because I need different piano sounds for varying styles of music. There is a built-in metronome. You can transpose what you play with the click of a button. There are no built-in speakers as this is a stage piano designed to be connected to speakers, but there is a headphone ...

• Kawaii MP8 Professional Stage Piano
      jack. It is nice when you don’t want to disturb anyone around you. When connected with quality speakers, it is just a dream to play! I have some decent ones, but when I connect my piano to my uncle’s NICE PA system that I take to performances, I just about cry every time because the sound is just glorious!!! The controls that I am still learning how to use are the ones that let you edit the reverb, the EQ, tone modification, and MIDI controllers. I have played around with them a bit, but I definitely could stand to learn more about them. This piano is excellent for anyone wishing to not only have tons of instrument options but who also wants the ability to modify each of the sounds to get precisely what they want. This piano allows
      for all kinds of modifications and has 256 memory setups. There is also a USB port, though I have not yet used it. There are also many more features, but I am here to mainly share my opinion and not just throw-out a bunch of factual info about the specs and features.

Though I’m not a technological guru by any means, I simply enjoy playing this piano. I have been playing it for five years, and it has never failed me once. The lovely thing about digital pianos is that they never need to be tuned and rarely require repairs! I would buy this piano again in a heartbeat, and I would recommend it to anyone who asked me about a quality digital piano. I have played many different pianos throughout my life, and I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH THIS ONE!!!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1618021602720728/k2311a0218/2.18.13