Avon Spectralash Mascara
  • I have tried probably all the Mascaras from here and end up buying new ones when they are on offer just to try, but this one is my favourite and I use it all the time
  • I always just buy Black Mascara but I have noticed in the latest book that this is only in black thesedays
  • Yes I don't think this lives up to the 3 in 1 looks claim, but I find this to be a great Mascara and I hope this never gets discontinued from Avon

• by pipsdog

I am a big fan of Avon products as you will probably end up seeing when I get round to doing more reviews on here. I have been getting an Avon book from my local Avon rep for about 6 years now and I always like to order little and often. I have tried probably all the Mascaras from here and end up buying new ones when they are on offer just to try, but this one is my favourite and I use it all the time.

This Mascara has been out for a few years now. When it came out it came in 2 shades, Black

and brown/black. I always just buy Black Mascara but I have noticed in the latest book that this is only in black thesedays. I cannot comment how long the brown/black hasn’t been there or if it is still sold in that shade. I would imagine that only having 1 shade is going to limit their customer base surely?

So this normally costs £10 for the Mascara. This sounds a bit pricy to me and the other Mascaras are a bit cheaper than this in the book. As with Avon their products are usually on offer and this can often be found for £5. In the latest book

this was 2 for £10 so basically £5 each anyway and I needed to buy this anyway.

This is a bit chunkier than the normal more slimline Mascara products. It isn’t hard to hold or that but just not that slim. I’m sure you can still carry this around in your pocket if you so wish but I put this into my bag and it’s fine in there.

So why is it a bit thicker than other Mascaras? Probably because this is a 3 in 1 product. How can a Mascara be 3 in 1? Well there is 3 different levels to this. There is a little ...

• Avon Spectralash Mascara
      twisty wheel on the bottom of this and you twist this to get the level that you want. The idea is that the 1st level is just a light coating for your lashes, and then level 2 and 3 are meant to give a more dramatic look. To be perfectly honest I have tried this on all levels and I cannot really see much difference with the different coverings but I leave this on level 3 at all times.

So if I don’t find any benefits of this mascara with it being a bit different to other ones out there why do I keep buying this? Well

I find that this applies easy enough. Even when I have been using this for a few weeks the Mascara is still nice and moist and doesn’t seem to dry out and this gives a good even coverage to my Lashes. This doesn’t seem to go flaky, and this gives a nice dark sheen to my Lashes which lasts the day. Also since this is on offer a lot too then that is good in my view too.

Yes I don’t think this lives up to the 3 in 1 looks claim, but I find this to be a great Mascara and I hope this never gets discontinued from Avon.

Avon Spectralash Mascara

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118021602700728/k2311a0218/2.18.13