Colgate Optic White Sparkling Mint Toothpaste  » Health  »
1.0
  • I most definitely will not be purchasing this toothpaste ever again
  • There may be people out there that will swear that this is the best whitening toothpaste on the market, but there are also people out there that will say it's a dangerous, non-effective toothpaste
  • The slight improvement in terms of how white my teeth looked was far too inconsequential for me to buy a second tube of this toothpaste and I wouldn't recommend it to any person

• by CirclingCanvas

I purchased Colgate Optic Toothpaste because the commercials and claims were too good to pass up. I wanted to see for myself if the toothpaste could whiten my teeth in seven days, a claim made by Colgate on the packaging and in advertisements. For a little over three dollars, I got four ounce tube and I started brushing only with this toothpaste as it was both a whitening toothpaste and an anti-cavity toothpaste, so I didn’t have to worry about using two toothpastes for two different purposes. When I purchased the toothpaste, I

had a coupon which allowed me to save money on the Colgate Optic White Mouthwash with a purchase of the toothpaste, so I picked up that as well. Colgate in fact recommends the mouthwash be used in conjunction with the toothpaste for even faster, brighter results.

I did get results from using this toothpaste, but the results weren’t what I was hoping for. On a positive note first, the toothpaste did seem to make my teeth slightly whiter, but after using an entire tube of the toothpaste, my teeth didn’t seem significantly whiter. The improvement wasn’t great enough for me to continue to use the toothpaste and put up with the issues that it caused. This toothpaste was harsh on my mouth and my mouth never seemed to adjust to the new toothpaste, despite me using it for approximately four weeks. My sense of taste was negatively impacted, even after hours had passed since I used the toothpaste last. My gums appeared red and irritated and also felt sore after using this toothpaste. Additionally, my teeth seemed more sensitive both immediately after brushing as well as for ...

• Colgate Optic White Sparkling Mint Toothpaste
      a couple of hours afterward.

I most definitely will not be purchasing this toothpaste ever again. I feel the results it delivers isn’t noticeable enough to justify the harshness of the chemicals in it and the impact on the mouth. There may be people out there that will swear that this is the best whitening toothpaste on the market, but there are also people out there that will say it’s a dangerous, non-effective toothpaste. I would have much preferred to be among those that rave about how great this toothpaste is, but I definitely

feel that those that decide to use this toothpaste exercise caution. White teeth shouldn’t come at the expense of oral health. I can’t say for a fact that this toothpaste puts a person’s oral health at risk, but I will say that I didn’t like the looks or feeling of what this toothpaste was doing to my gums and teeth. The slight improvement in terms of how white my teeth looked was far too inconsequential for me to buy a second tube of this toothpaste and I wouldn’t recommend it to any person.

Amy says :

I purchased this toothpaste because it claimed it would whiten your teeth. I used it for as long as I had it. Throughout all of the weeks I had this toothpaste, I didn’t see a difference in my teeth. They weren’t whiter. They stayed the same.

serin says :

I’ve been using a lot of different whitening toothpastes but I feel like none of them work or at least didn’t make much difference too

CirclingCanvas replies :

I imagine that not everybody is going to enjoy the same results when using something like a whitening toothpaste. While some people say it doesn’t work at all, I have come across others that swear it’s the best whitening toothpaste on the market. I won’t ever touch the product again though because I didn’t like how it affected my gums and sense of taste, as well as the sensitivity of my teeth.

CirclingCanvas replies :

Ultimately, the best and safest method of teeth whitening is obtained by visiting a dentist. Yes, this can be costly, but going to a dentist that you trust and is respected in the profession will usually yield the best results. Adjusting your eating habits too can help because certain foods and drinks can affect the whiteness of your teeth, so by avoiding certain foods and drinks that tend to stain teeth, you can help keep them looking nice and healthy. Certain habits like smoking too can darken/discolor teeth, so sometimes changing basic dietary and personal habits can have a positive impact on your teeth.

Azriel says :

We are using this toothpaste as well for like many months now, but yes for the advertised whitening effect, nope. It did not do that but I can say that there was sure to be a difference when it comes to my brother who, well have had some really smell when he talks because of cigarettes. Since the time he used this toothpaste with us, my mom was the first one to notice that his breath has lost the usual smoke smell when he talks and I guess this product suits him well.

CirclingCanvas replies :

All toothpastes pretty much freshen breath, so I’m not sure why only this particular toothpaste would help with the cigarette odor that comes from his mouth and none of the others would. Still, if it’s helping him and he likes the toothpaste, then there’s no reason for him to stop using it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411021602350828/k2311a0211/2.11.13