Different Gear, Still Speeding 2011 Album by Beady Eye  » Music  »
  • Especially I enjoyed the second and the third albums
  • But all their work after 1998 left me rather disappointed
  • And I was impressed by the debut album by Beady Eye
  • I love the sound that the band have created
  • The Beat Goes On is the only truly original and interesting melodic song on this album, from my point of view

• by mcguard85

I was, for a very long time, a huge Oasis fan. I loved their first albums. Especially I enjoyed the second and the third albums. But all their work after 1998 left me rather disappointed. So, I was very interested as to what was going to occur after the band split up, and Noel Gallagher went on to release solo material, whereas the rest of the band decided to do something on their own.

And I was impressed by the debut album by Beady Eye. As far as my expectations went, this album exceeded my expectations by a lot. I was unconsciously comparing this album to the later Oasis work, because

it kind of made more sense, and compared to, let’s say, such albums as Heathen Chemistry, Don’t Believe the Truth, Dig Out Your Soul, compared to those albums this album is pretty good, and I was impressed by it. I love the sound that the band have created.

Surprisingly, I personally think that the sound of Beady Eye is closer to the sound of the original three albums by Oasis then it is to the later Oasis albums. There are similarities as far as the emphasis on the guitar rhythm is concerned, and the loudness and the heaviness of the guitars. The sound is very rock and roll here, it is pretty hard and brutal, aggressive. The guitars ring very well, they are the king of the instrumental layer.

And their sounds combine very well to create something which is truly unique. The second thing that absolutely must, must be noted is the vocal delivery by Liam. Liam is doing a fantastic job. He probably does not have as much power in his voice as he used to have when he was young, in his golden years.

But he, nonetheless, has a different type of power, a power that comes from skill. He has taken his force and he has tamed it. He has learned to control his delivery a lot more.

• Different Gear, Still Speeding 2011 Album by Beady Eye
      His voice became a lot more dynamic melodic, softer at times, and yet, at all times, unmistakably Liam, masculine and strong.

All the songs are pretty good. I loved the melodies and rhythms of this album. This album has great power on both count. It has this desired and fortunate blend of strong rhythm and strong melodies.

Four Letter Word is a great rocker. It sounds so sinister and masculine. There is a lot of testosterone here. And the band did it right to make this track the opening track.

It is a great introduction into their sonic world. As soon as Liam puts his voice on the line, this sounds

a lot different. It is like meeting an old friend. And he stretches the notes so well, all of the time remaining so convincing and powerful.

I pretty much liked all the songs on this album. I probably enjoyed the melodic soft tunes a little less than I did the heavy and rhythmic rock songs. The Roller and Kill For A Dream are nice soft and melodic songs, but the real treasures of this album probably lie in such songs as Beatles and Stones, Wind Up Dream, Standing on the Edge of the Noise. The Beat Goes On is the only truly original and interesting melodic song on this album, from my point of view.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1411021602310828/k2311a0211/2.11.13