Its Blitz 2009 Album by Yeah Yeah Yeahs  » Music  »
  • I listened to it all the time, at home, when I was jogging, working out etc. When I listened to this one song, and caught a glimpse of the video, I was not impressed
  • Then recently I was browsing music videos on YouTube, and I came across the video for the song Zero, and I thought that this song had a rather good melody, especially in the verse
  • Recently, in the fall, I decided to listen to the whole album while I was playing some computer games, and it was then that I came to like this album
  • I still think that Show Your Bones is a better album, but this one is also good, I recommend it
  • This album on the whole is basically a pop album, I think

• by mcguard85

The first song I heard off this album was Heads Will Roll. It took place a rather long time ago. I was lying on the sofa, watching TV, MTV, and this song came on. I was probably in my second or third academic year at the university. When I was graduating from high school I downloaded the Yeah Yeah Yeahs album Show Your Bones. At the time, it had been just released.

And I was in love with that album. I liked all the songs on it. I listened to it all the time, at home, when I was jogging, working out etc. When I listened to this one song, and caught a glimpse of the video, I was not impressed. The video looked

a little morose, not energetic.

The song itself did not impress me. It was rather slow, whereas it had some words about dancing in it, which did not seem to fit well. It was a soundtrack to some film. And I could not recognize the band. Then recently I was browsing music videos on YouTube, and I came across the video for the song Zero, and I thought that this song had a rather good melody, especially in the verse.

I downloaded the first couple of songs from the album, and listened to them when I was jogging and working out, but I did not like them much better. The music sounded different and strange, not much impressive to me personally compared to their previous record. But, but, but, but. Recently, in the fall, I decided to listen to the whole album while I was playing some computer games, and it was then that I came to like this album. I still think that Show Your Bones is a better album, but this one is also good, I recommend it.

Zero is a song that has a very strong melody in the verse, and though some dancing, soft elaborations might not be to everybody’s taste ( it is not to mine for sure), the sound quality, the recording quality is very high, and the singer, Karen O, is doing a great job. Her vocals on this song are superb. She sounds so strong. Heads Will Roll is a ...

• Its Blitz 2009 Album by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
      very energetic song, and there is a dance remix by some other artist that many people might enjoy, and which probably made this track even more famous. Soft Shock is a song that has rather interesting sound effects, and the vocal line is very original, it sounds quirky and unusual, and yet is produced with a great musical sense.

Skeletons, Dull Life, Shame and Fortune are all right songs, but I was not impressed by them much. I liked the song called Runaway a lot. I liked the strength of the melody, and it is a slow soft melody here. But, at the same time, this song, for me personally, did not last, it got old rather quickly. Dragon Queen is a song that

has a superb bass line, and in the chorus Karen O is doing wonders, and throughout the song she is displaying a great feminine attitude.

Little Shadows is a song that has a very powerful slow and sad sounding melody. It is a good track, strong melody. Hysteric is a great pop song as well. It is such a soft and easy song it just does sound like pop. This album on the whole is basically a pop album, I think.

I struggle to name a single clearly rock, hard song. But this album is a great pop record. The songs are lasting and well developed. To me personally, this album, Its Blitz, is better than Yeah Yeah Yeahs debut Fever to Tell, but not as good as their 2006 Show Your Bones.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1411021602250828/k2311a0211/2.11.13