Sony MDR XD100 Stereo Headphones  » Electronics  »
  • I bought these headphones a rather long time ago
  • I remember how when I first took them out of the packaging, the first thing I noticed and impressed by was the quality of the cord
  • There are several types of plastic used, and, as my long experience has shown, all the plastics are very durable

• by mcguard85

These Sony headphones are really good and reliable. I bought these headphones a rather long time ago. In fact, it was four years ago now, and I am still using them every day, literally every day. They are functioned in a great way.

The build quality of these headphones is very high. I remember how when I first took them out of the packaging, the first thing I noticed and impressed by was the

quality of the cord. The cord is really good on these headphones.

And the cord is a really important part for the durability of any headphones. I have used many many headphones in my life, and the overwhelming majority of the headphones eventually were not working anymore because of the cord. The cord is subject to a lot of bending, and it is usually the first thing which will go, followed by the speakers themselves.

In this model, the cord is of superb quality. It is very thick, and it is made of such quality rubber that bends so well, is so flexible in the right way. The cord is very long.

And it is a very useful feature. I can stretch the cord across the entire room almost, and it is really good. The jack is of very good quality.

The headset itself is also made rather ...

• Sony MDR XD100 Stereo Headphones
      well. There are several types of plastic used, and, as my long experience has shown, all the plastics are very durable. The only element which really got worn out was the soft side which covers the inside of the speakers.

That thing is rather thin, and not very durable. I remember looking at it and going, This could be done better, that’s the weak spot of these. And I was generally right, only I

still at the time underestimate the durability of these headphones.

The thing is that, yes, this inside material has got torn off in some sections, and simply torn a bit in others, but, you know what, this actually happened only very recently. This means that this event was preceded by several years of good functioning, and the head phones being used rather extensively, on a daily basis. Sony MDR XD100 Stereo Headphones are a very good, reliable, high quality product.

Keshav Krishnan says :

re : There are several types of plastic used, and, as my long experience has shown, all the plastics are very durable
I bought this product a year ago and I would say that this headphone is working as if it was bought yesterday.Sound quality is perfect and has not reduced even a little bit over time,don’t ever give a second thought for buying this product just go for it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 167021602110628/k2311a027/2.7.13