Samsung EC-PL120 Digital Camera with 14.2 MP and 5x Optical Zoom  » Cameras  »
  • I was impressed with the quality of the pictures through this camera
  • I decided to buy this camera for its ease of use for an occasional photographer like me
  • It never found any need to consider it as an extra luggage in my tours just like my mobile
  • This problem is annoying sometimes when we want to have some quick snaps
  • USB cord that comes with camera pack is very short and it is convenient with laptop only

• by ashwin

It was on my friend’s marriage day that I came across Samsung EC-PL120 Digital Camera for the first time. I was impressed with the quality of the pictures through this camera. My friend informed that, he bought this camera for $190. 99 along with SanDisk micro SDHC 8GB Class 2 Card with SD Adapter (SDSDQ-8192) as a pack. I decided to buy this camera for its ease of use for an occasional photographer like me. I bought it within 1 week.

The camera is unique to look in style & design which always makes me a proud owner in front of my friends during the parties. Its slim look and smarter options compared

to most of other digital cameras makes it unique. The measurements of the camera are 2. 15 by 3. 7 by 0.

74 inches (H x W x D) and it weighs only 0. 24 pounds. This smaller dimensions and lightweight makes it very easy to carry the camera with me in my coat pocket. It never found any need to consider it as an extra luggage in my tours just like my mobile. The integrated facility called “SMART AUTO” automatically adjusts the exposure of the camera according to the lightning conditions of the background.

This is coolest feature of Samsung EC-PL120 digital camera. It is cool because, I only have to look through the lens and click the button to take a professional level picture. Even though I am not a professional photographer, my photographs always look professional with excellent quality because of this super feature. I took some extremely good pictures using this particular setting of the camera. The front facing LCD screen has been very useful for taking self-pictures with the timer.

However, the camera is slow between the snaps. The processing time is about 10 seconds between two successive snaps. This problem is annoying sometimes when we want to have some quick snaps. The other problem is that the front facing LCD screen is extremely sensitive & not scratch resistant. After I observed ...

• Samsung EC-PL120 Digital Camera with 14.2 MP and 5x Optical Zoom
      scratches on my screen, I just bought a case for the camera.

After that, I never have the problem of scratches. Samsung PL 120 digital camera can be used for high quality videos as well. The camera is quite convenient to use for video capturing. The qualities of the videos are excellent but with 8 GB SD card, the maximum video recording time is around 30 minutes only. Hence, you should have an additional micro SD card of higher memory to avoid problem due to this limited memory of camera.

When the front-facing screen is used or lens is zoomed to maximum to record videos, the picture quality is lower. This

may be due to the problem in the software of the camera. The convenient feature of Samsung PL120 digital camera is rechargeable battery. This is because if charged once, the battery lasts longer than three days. This feature is useful during the long journeys or trekking where there is no facility for recharging but still you want to take pictures.

USB cord that comes with camera pack is very short and it is convenient with laptop only. I had to buy a long USB cord to connect camera to my desktop. Altogether, I would say that Samsung EC-PL120 Digital Camera with 14. 2 MP and 5x Optical Zoom (Black) is best for non professional photographers in that price range.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 437021602040528/k2311a027/2.7.13