Baker’s Secret Angel Food Cake Pan  » Housewares  »
  • As a keen baker I dislike purchasing ready made cakes, simply because homemade always tastes best and I can easily control the ingredients
  • That was until I discovered the Angel Food Cake Pan from Baker's Secret, and now I am making these delicious cakes not only for myself but also for friends and family
  • They rise as they should, the finished cake is light and airy plus the golden brown colour of the cake is even and delicious looking, when I made a chocolate variety last week I was impressed that the edges of the cake turned such a rich brown colour while the inner remained a slightly lighter shade which gave a wonderful contrast as I sliced the cake up
  • I like how lightweight the cake pan is and am glad that Baker's Secret have put thought into this as I find Angel Food cake pans are usually horribly heavy, which is bizarre when you consider the fact that this is one of the lightest cakes you can make at home
  • Overall I highly recommend this Angel Food cake pan

• by roundabout

As a keen baker I dislike purchasing ready made cakes, simply because homemade always tastes best and I can easily control the ingredients. One thing I have always had trouble with however is Angel Food cake as I’ve never been able to find a pan which will allow me to create this unusually shaped cake - of course there are lots of Angel Food cake pans available, but they all seem to have the basic flaw of not allowing me to remove the cake from the pan without breaking it in some way. That was until I discovered the Angel Food Cake Pan from Baker’s Secret, and now I am making these delicious cakes not only for myself but also for friends and family.

Visually it’s perfect for Angel Food cake,

having the central pillar to create the wonderful shape of the cake. The pan has a non-stick coating which is dark in colour to allow this very delicate cake to rise and brown evenly on the surfaces. The wide top makes it exceedingly easy to pour the cake mixture into the pan, while the fact that the pillar is also non-stick means that any accidental spills of mixture on this pillar will simply run down into the base of the pan.

My cakes have never failed to bake perfectly when I’m using this pan. They rise as they should, the finished cake is light and airy plus the golden brown colour of the cake is even and delicious looking, when I made a chocolate variety last week I was impressed that the edges of the cake turned such a rich brown colour while the inner remained a slightly lighter shade which gave a wonderful contrast as I sliced the cake up. Incidentally this cake pan will produce a cake which can be sliced into 8 - 10 pieces, I’d class it as ‘medium’ sized but have heard other people call it a large size Angel Food cake pan.

Releasing the baked cake is incredibly easy thanks to the effective non-stick interior. All I have to do is tip the pan upside down onto a plate and usually the cake will just slip out with no help at all, if it’s proving a little stubborn a quick tap on the bottom will usually help coax it out or ...

• Baker's Secret Angel Food Cake Pan
      if you’re having real problems a plastic or silicone spatula pushed carefully between the cake and the pan will do the trick. Obviously you shouldn’t use any metal utensils as you don’t want to risk damaging or scratching the non-stick coating, but plastic or silicone is fine to use.

I like how lightweight the cake pan is and am glad that Baker’s Secret have put thought into this as I find Angel Food cake pans are usually horribly heavy, which is bizarre when you consider the fact that this is one of the lightest cakes you can make at home! This one is light to lift even when full of wet cake mixture.

It’s very easy to clean thanks to the non-stick coating, I usually wash mine up in hot

soapy water and get very good results but it is also suitable for popping in the dishwasher so best of both worlds really. One thing which is worth noting is the fact that this cake pan needs a huge amount of rinsing as it really holds on to the smell and taste of washing up detergent; I found this out after baking the most delicious lemon flavoured Angel Food cake but finding it tainted with the flavour of detergent, to combat this I now rinse it thoroughly after use and again when I come to bake with it the next time.

Overall I highly recommend this Angel Food cake pan. I have always had excellent results using it (detergent incident aside!) and it’s such a lovely pan to use any clean. Top marks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 537021602030528/k2311a027/2.7.13