Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare book  » Books  »
  • My favourite part of the Clockwork Angel was towards the end because it was the most action packed, although the majority of the book was paced fairly fast
  • Another part of the book which I enjoyed, was when Tessa and the other Shadowhunters find Nate at De Quincey’s lair because that seen is also very fast paced
  • The difference is only that I prefer Tessa’s dialogue
  • I love Cassandra Clare’s writing style, I think that the way she writes this series makes the setting seem believable
  • Even if you were not a big fan of the Mortal Instruments series, I suggest you stick with it until you have read Clockwork Angel

• by livvvy75

Clockwork Angel is the first book in the Infernal Devices series, which is a prequel series to the Mortal Instruments series. Tessa Gray arrives in England during the reign of Queen Victoria, leaving her home in America behind. Soon after arriving, Tessa is kidnapped by the Dark Sisters who train her to use a power she never knew she had. The Dark Sisters claim that they are training Tessa for the Magister, but Tessa has no idea who the Magister is. Desperate to find her brother Nathan, Tessa stays with the Shadowhunters at the London Institute. Tessa becomes torn between two Shadowhunters named Will and James.

My favourite part of the

Clockwork Angel was towards the end because it was the most action packed, although the majority of the book was paced fairly fast. I loved the parts involving the automatons because the way they were described seems quite spooky. Another part of the book which I enjoyed, was when Tessa and the other Shadowhunters find Nate at De Quincey’s lair because that seen is also very fast paced. I also found that scene quite unpredictable because I did not suspect what was going to happen.

The protagonist of Clockwork Angel is Theresa Gray, who calls herself by her nickname Tessa. I much prefer Tessa to the character in the Mortal Instruments series named Clary. Tessa is strong, intelligent and has a pretty cool ability, not that Clary doesn’t. The difference is only that I prefer Tessa’s dialogue. Will Herondale reminds me a little too much of Jace from the Mortal Instruments, I guess that it is just because they are related. However, my favourite character is James Carstairs, better known as Jem. I really want Jem to end up with Tessa because he is kind and has a better attitude than Will does.

Clockwork Angel is a fantasy, historical fiction, paranormal romance, young adult, fiction novel. As in the Mortal Instruments series, there is a lot of involvement from supernatural creatures ...

• Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare book
      in this book as well. I love Cassandra Clare’s writing style, I think that the way she writes this series makes the setting seem believable. That is even though the story is set in Victorian London, which was many years ago. It is also reasonably unpredictable and that is a necessary factor which needs to be involved if I am going to enjoy a story.

I loved Clockwork Angel. I think that I probably like the Infernal Devices series a lot more than the Mortal Instruments series. There are many reasons why that is, including the setting of Victorian London, the way the characters interact with each other, the different

villains, the protagonist and the introduction of Jem and Will. That isn’t to say that I didn’t like the Mortal Instruments series, because I did. Another reason that this book is great is because characters begin to tie in from the Mortal Instruments series.

I would definitely recommend this book to the young adult reading group and above. It is recommended that you read this book in the order that it was published and I would agree with that because that is when the characters start to tie in. Even if you were not a big fan of the Mortal Instruments series, I suggest you stick with it until you have read Clockwork Angel.

KACHI FAVOUR says :

clockwork angel is truly mind blowing and inspiring

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 174021601690628/k2311a024/2.4.13