Half-Life 2 PC Video Game  » Games  »
  • I will start off by saying that I totally enjoyed this game
  • I am a gaming-addict (even though, hopefully, not clinical), and I have played literally thousands of video, computer and Play Station games throughtout my life, but Half-Life 2 is a game which is out there, it is one the best I have ever experienced

• by mcguard85

I will start off by saying that I totally enjoyed this game. There is no way to conceal it or to water it down – this game is great. I am a gaming-addict (even though, hopefully, not clinical), and I have played literally thousands of video, computer and Play Station games throughtout my life, but Half-Life 2 is a game which is out there, it is one the best I have ever experienced. To describe with any real degree accuracy why I hold such an opinion, it would take hours and hours, and pages of pages of awesome feature enumeration.

But I will try to be laconic and explain in

general terms why I loved the game so much. In the first place, I should mention the atmosphere which is crafted by the developers of the game. This game made me feel like no other game I have ever played.

Each setting where the player goes has such an air and atmosphere, that you beging to feel like you are there. This would be the point of any computer game, one could say, but Half-Life 2 is the game where this objective is achieved with a really high degree of skill. All the locations are so vivid.

There is so much detail in the elements of the Half-Life world, that it makes the setting feel otherworldly, and yet really convincing, and in a weird sense realistic. By that I mean to say that the creators have developed a brand new world, but when you are playing the game you begin to believe in the reality of this world. You begin to think: “Yeah, this world could exist.

It all fits in very well. ” I loved the way the game creates a dark and menacing atmosphere. The goal of Half-Life 2 is not to make you scared, they are not relying on horror, they are not trying to make you disgusted, they are not trying to intimidate you, but they are just masterfully submerging you ...

• Half-Life 2 PC Video Game
      intro “darkness” and despair.

They have and employ great psychological means for eliciting a feeling from the player. I personally love anything dystopian, and this game could pass for a dictionary definition of dystopian. I really love the plot of this game.

The plot is so individualistic, it is so focused on the character, and this character is you, so you really do want to become the “hero” of this dark world. You play the role the savior, the guy on whom many-many things depend. The player has a high sense of purpose and objectives.

You feel indispensible and needed, and this really provides a motivaion for you to keep playing. I

loved the various approaches that are left for the player to explore. It is great of course to shoot things, creatures around you and shoot your way through, but you should also use stealth like in Hitman, for example, you must use puzzle solving like in Lara Croft, and you must even use driving and navigation skills like in GTA, for example.

There are so many roles you can play, and so many different features you can use. There is really a lot of variation here, and I loved it. I could go on, but hopefully, the point is made.

I adore this game. I have been through it about 4 times, and the fifth time is not far from coming.

Noah says :

This game is a great game for anyone to play because its plot and game-play are amazing its a classic staple in the PC community and is the backbone for several other games like gmod or team fortress 2

Sehal says :

re : I will start off by saying that I totally enjoyed this game
I totally do enjoy the game, especially with mods.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281021601680728/k2311a021/2.1.13