City of Glass by Cassandra Clare book  » Books  »
  • I can not choose a favourite part in this book because I can not pick a favourite
  • I think that Clary is a great protagonist for a story because she has all the traits needed for a great character, as well as a power which allows her to create new runes
  • I love Cassandra Clare’s writing style because the characters such as Jace say some funny lines and the story becomes quite gripping
  • I would definitely recommend City of Glass to everyone, definitely to fantasy readers

• by livvvy75

City of Glass is the third book in the Mortal Instruments series. Clary is desperate to wake her mother from the coma state she is in and to do so, she must travel to the City of Glass. Entering the City of Glass is forbidden unless you have permission and Clary and Luke stay with a long lost relative of Luke’s. In the meantime, Jace and the Lightwoods are staying with the Penhallows, who include Aline and Sebastian. Valentine is threatening to strike again to get rid of the Shadow Hunters who do not follow him forever. To make matters worse, since Simon is able

to go out in sunlight, he is locked away in jail.

I can not choose a favourite part in this book because I can not pick a favourite. City of Glass is by far my favourite book in the series so far because it is full of action. I also love the way that everything is explained and all the questions left over from the previous two books are answered. One of the parts that I rate highly, is the ending. The reason I liked the ending was because it was unpredictable, I really did not expect the ending at all.

The protagonist of City of Glass and the other books in the Mortal Instruments series is Clary Fray. Clary is short for Clarissa. Clary is the daughter of Jocelyn Fairchild (also known as Jocelyn Fray) and the villain of the book, Valentine. I think that Clary is a great protagonist for a story because she has all the traits needed for a great character, as well as a power which allows her to create new runes. There are a lot of characters featured in City of Glass but my favourite is Magnus Bane, the warlock. Magnus Bane is very eccentric but nice and he has been my favourite character ...

• City of Glass by Cassandra Clare book
      for this and the other books in the series.

City of Glass is a fantasy, paranormal romance, young adult novel. There are many supernatural creatures in the Mortal Instruments series, including warlocks, lycanthropes, faeries and vampires. City of Glass was written by Cassandra Clare, who is one of my favourite authors. The story is told in third person. I love Cassandra Clare’s writing style because the characters such as Jace say some funny lines and the story becomes quite gripping. The story is very addictive and can be very difficult to put down.

I loved City of Glass a lot. I think that it is definitely the

best book in the series so far. The reason that it is my favourite may be due to the fact that it is fairly fast paced the whole way through. Other than that, I enjoyed the writing style, I loved the characters, the setting was unique, most of it was quite unpredictable and I love the humour. The Latin words used complimented the story.

I would definitely recommend City of Glass to everyone, definitely to fantasy readers. I was very happy with the ending but also glad that there is another sequel. This book is probably more for the teenage/young adult age group and for people older than that.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2013. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171021601670728/k2311a021/2.1.13